Background and activities
I'm working as a post doctoral researcher in the research group of inflammation and genetics in pregnancy at CEMIR, IKM. My research interest includes inflammation in placenta and decidua to address local and systemic involvement in normal and pre-eclamptic pregnancy.
I completed a master in pathobiology and toxicology at the Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherlands. I obtained a Ph. D in 2013 entitled ‘Inflammation: a link between metabolic syndrome and osteoarthritis?’ at the University of Leiden and TNO, the Netherlands.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) An inflammatory role for TLR3 in decidua and placenta of normal and preeclamptic pregnancies. Placenta. vol. 57.
- (2017) An inflammatory role for NOD1 in decidua and placenta of normal and preeclamptic pregnancies. Placenta. vol. 57.
- (2017) Inflammation in preeclampsia by NOD-like receptor protein (NLRP)3 inflammasome activation in trophoblasts. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 9.
- (2016) NLRP3 inflammasome expression and activation at the maternal-fetal interface in preeclamptic and healthy pregnancies. Placenta. vol. 45.
- (2015) Functional screening of toll-like receptors in seven trophoblast cell lines. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 5.
- (2015) Toll-like receptor profiling of seven trophoblast cell lines warrants caution for translation to primary trophoblasts. Placenta. vol. 36 (11).
- (2015) The inflammatory role of HMGB1 in preeclampsia. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 5.