Background and activities
- Polymeric membranes for gas separation;
- Membrane Contactor for CO2 capture and natural gas dehydration;
- Membrane pervaporation;
- Sorption of gases and vapours in polymers.
3GMC - 3rd Generation Membrane Conctators
SUBPRO - Regeneration of glycols through membrane pervaporation
NANOMEMC2 - NANOenhanced MEMbranes for CO2 Capture
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Nafion/PEG hybrid membrane for CO 2 separation: Effect of PEG on membrane micro-structure and performance. Separation and Purification Technology.
- (2018) Nafion/IL hybrid membranes with tuned nanostructure for enhanced CO2 separation: effects of ionic liquid and water vapor. Green Chemistry.
- (2018) Performance of Nanocomposite Membranes Containing 0D to 2D Nanofillers for CO2 Separation : A Review. Membranes. vol. 8 (2).
- (2017) Solvent-Templated Block Ionomers for Base- and Acid-Gas Separations: Effect of Humidity on Ammonia and Carbon Dioxide Permeation. Advanced Materials Interfaces. vol. 4 (22).
- (2017) Development of membrane contactors using volatile amine-based absorbents for CO2 capture: Amine permeation through the membrane. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 537.
- (2017) Sorption, diffusion, and permeability of humid gases and aging of thermally rearranged (TR) polymer membranes from a novel ortho-hydroxypolyimide. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 542.
- (2016) Nanocellulose based facilitated transport membranes for CO2 separation. Chemical Engineering Transactions. vol. 47.
- (2016) Development of Membrane Contactors Using Phase Change Solvents for CO2 Capture: Material Compatibility Study. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 55 (51).
- (2016) Pre-combustion CO2 capture in polymeric hollow fiber membrane contactors using ionic liquids: porous membrane vs. non-porous composite membrane. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 55 (20).
- (2016) Recent advances in multi-layer composite polymeric membranes for CO2 separation: A review. Green Energy & Environment. vol. 1 (2).
- (2016) Facile fabrication of CO2 separation membranes by cross-linking of poly(ethylene glycol) diglycidyl ether with a diamine and a polyamine-based ionic liquid. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 523.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Advances in polymer-inorganic hybrids as membrane materials. Recent Developments in Polymer Macro, Micro and Nano Blends, 1st Edition Preparation and Characterisation.
- (2018) Effect of solvent viscosity on absorption of CO2 in a membrane contactor. University of Texas 4th Conference on Carbon Capture and Storage . University of Texas; Austin, Texas. 2018-01-30 - 2018-01-31.
- (2017) Development of membrane and membrane contactor for CO2 capture. Sustainable Carbon Dioxide Capture and Utilization Workshop . University of Cantabria; Santander. 2017-09-18 - 2017-09-19.
- (2017) Separasjonsprell. Researchers’ Night – Ungdommens Forskernatt . NTNU; Gløshaugen Campus, Trondheim. 2017-09-29 - 2017-09-29.
- (2017) Subsea regeneration of triethylene glycol for natural gas dehydration using pervaporation technology. International Conference on Membranes and Membrane Processes 2017 ; 2017-07-29 - 2017-08-04.
- (2017) Post-combustion CO2 capture with membrane contactor technology using highly volatile solvents as liquid absorbents. TCCS-9 . SINTEF; Trondheim. 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-14.
- (2017) Cross-linked PEG and 2D nano-materials based mixed matrix membranes (MMMs) for CO2 capture. TCCS-9 . SINTEF; Trondheim. 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-14.
- (2017) Hybrid ionomer-ionic liquid membranes for CO2 capture. TCCS-9 . SINTEF; Trondheim. 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-14.
- (2017) Investigation of gas transport properties of hybrid ionomer-ionic liquids membranes. 11th International Congress on Membranes and Membrane Processes (ICOM 2017) ; 2017-07-29 - 2017-08-04.
- (2017) Ionomer/IL hybrid membrane with enhanced gas permeation channels for CO2 separation: effects of ionic liquid and water vapor. 9th Sino-US Joint Conference of Chemical Engineering (SUCE2017) ; 2017-10-15 - 2017-10-19.
- (2017) Ionic liquids/polymer hybrid membrane with various tuned structure for CO2 separation. 17th Congress, Asian-Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering (APCChE) ; HongKong. 2017-08-23 - 2017-08-27.
- (2017) High performance nanocellulose-based facilitated transport membranes for CO2 capture. 11th International Congress on Membranes and Membrane Processes (ICOM 2017) ; 2017-07-29 - 2017-08-04.
- (2017) Simple Modeling of Amine Emissions from a Membrane Contactor. TCCS-9 . SINTEF; Trondheim. 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-14.
- (2017) Ionic liquids-based membranes for CO2 separation. CAS-TWAS Symposium on Green Chemistry and Technology for Sustainable Development (GCT2017) ; 2017-09-04 - 2017-09-06.
- (2017) Fine tuning of separation performance in nanocellulose-based membranes for CO2 capture. TCCS-9, 9th Trondheim Conference on Carbon Capture, Transport and Storage . SINTEF and NTNU; Trongheim. 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-14.
- (2017) Enhancement of the Separation Performances of High Free Volume Polymers for CO2 capture applications. TCCS-9 . SINTEF; Trondheim. 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-14.
- (2016) 3rd GENERATION MEMBRANE CONTACTORS: AMINE PERMEATION THROUGH THE MEMBRANE INTERFACE. University of Texas 3nd Conference on Carbon Capture and Storage (UTCCS-3) . University of Texas; Austin, Texas. 2016-02-17 - 2016-02-19.
- (2016) Membrane contactor with high CO2/amine selectivity: a viable solution for the use of energy-efficient CO2 absorbents with high volatility. 9th International Membrane Science and Technology Conference 2016 . Membrane Society of Australasia; Adelaide. 2016-12-05 - 2016-12-08.
- (2016) Hybrid polymer-liquid membranes: effects of low molecular weight molecules and water vapor. 9th International Membrane Science and Technology Conference 2016 . Membrane Society of Australasia; Adelaide. 2016-12-05 - 2016-12-08.
- (2015) Compatible Membrane Materials for 3rd Generation Solvent Membrane Contactors. 8th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies . Material Research Society Singapore; Singapore. 2015-06-28 - 2015-07-03.
- (2015) 3rd Generation Solvents Membrane Contactors: Feasible Use of Volatile CO2 Absorbents. Euromembrane 2015 . RWTH Aachen University; Aachen. 2015-09-06 - 2015-09-10.
- (2015) Compatibility of Solvent/Membrane Systems for High Performance CO2 Capture Using Membrane Contactors. The 8th Trondheim CCS Conference . SINTEF Energi AS; Trondheim. 2015-06-16 - 2015-06-18.
- (2015) Facile fabrication of CO2 separation membranes by cross-linking of poly(ethylene glycol) with amines and ionic liquids. Euromembrane ; Aachen. 2015-09-06 - 2015-09-10.
- (2015) 3rd Generation Solvent Membrane Contactor (3GMC). CLIMIT Seminar ; 2015-02-24 - 2015-02-25.