Background and activities
- TKP4165 Process Design
- TKP4170 Process Design Project
- TKP4171 Process Design Project for sustainable chemical and biochemical processes
- KP8105 Mathematical modeling and model fitting
- Systematic methods for process design
- Process operation and design
- Modeling and simulation of process systems
- Model predictive control
Chemical processes of interest
- Synthesis gas production from natural gas, coal, biomass
- Methanol synthesis, DME
- Fischer-Tropsch synthesis
- Membrane separation
- CO2 capture processes
- Polymer production processes
- KP6003 - Sustainable Industrial Processes and Resource Utilization
- TKP4165 - Process Design
- TKP4171 - Design of Sustainable Chemical and Biochemical processes, Project
- TKP4581 - Chemical Engineering, Specialization Project
- TKP4580 - Chemical Engineering, Specialization Project
- TKP4170 - Process Design, Project
- KP8105 - Mathematical Modelling and Model Fitting
- TKP4535 - Environmental Engineering and Reactor Technology, Specialization Course
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Demonstration of non-linear model predictive control for optimal flexible operation of a CO<inf>2</inf> capture plant. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 117.
- (2022) Enhancing the efficiency of power- and biomass-to-liquid fuel processes using fuel-assisted solid oxide electrolysis cells. Fuel. vol. 321.
- (2022) Optimal Renewable Energy Distribution Between Gasifier and Electrolyzer for Syngas Generation in a Power and Biomass-to-Liquid Fuel Process. Frontiers in Energy Research. vol. 9.
- (2021) Solvent Regeneration by Thermopervaporation in Subsea Natural Gas Dehydration: An Experimental and Simulation Study. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 60 (17).
- (2021) Thermodynamic Insight in Design of Methanation Reactor with Water Removal Considering Nexus between CO2 Conversion and Irreversibilities. Energies. vol. 14 (23).
- (2021) Carbon Molecular Sieve Membranes for Hydrogen Purification from a Steam Methane Reforming Process. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 627.
- (2021) Carbon hollow fiber membranes for a molecular sieve with precise-cutoff ultramicropores for superior hydrogen separation. Nature Communications. vol. 12.
- (2021) Modeling Fischer–Tropsch kinetics and product distribution over a cobalt catalyst. AIChE Journal. vol. 67 (7).
- (2021) Model predictive control for combined cycles integrated with CO2 capture plants. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 146.
- (2021) Aerosol growth in CO2 absorption with MEA, modelling and comparison with experimental results. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 109.
- (2020) Subsea natural gas dehydration in a membrane contactor with turbulence promoter: An experimental and modeling study. Chemical Engineering Journal. vol. 404.
- (2020) Fischer-Tropsch synthesis over an alumina-supported cobalt catalyst in a fixed bed reactor – Effect of process parameters. Catalysis Today.
- (2020) Conceptual Process Design and Simulation of Membrane Systems for Integrated Natural Gas Dehydration and Sweetening. Separation and Purification Technology. vol. 247.
- (2020) Preparation of Carbon Molecular Sieve Membranes with Remarkable CO2/CH4 Selectivity for High-pressure Natural Gas Sweetening. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 614.
- (2020) Process integration of green hydrogen: Decarbonization of chemical industries. Energies. vol. 13 (18).
- (2020) Optimal dynamic operation of natural gas combined cycles accounting for stresses in thick-walled components. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 170 (C).
- (2020) Understanding Catalysis—A Simplified Simulation of Catalytic Reactors for CO2 Reduction. ChemEngineering. vol. 4 (4).
- (2019) Mathematical modeling and process parametric study of CO2 removal from natural gas by hollow fiber membranes. Chemical engineering research & design. vol. 148.
- (2019) Subsea natural gas dehydration with membrane processes: Simulation and process optimization. Chemical engineering research & design. vol. 142.
- (2019) Thermopervaporation for regeneration of triethylene glycol (TEG):Experimental and model development. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 588.