Background and activities
- TKP4165 Process Design
- TKP4170 Process Design Project
- KP8105 Mathematical modeling and model fitting
- Systematic methods for process design
- Process operation and design
- Modelling and simulation of process systems
- Model predictive control
Chemical processes of interest
- Synthesis gas production from natural gas, coal, biomass
- Metanol synthesis, DME
- Fischer-Tropsch synthesis
- CO2 capture processes
- Polymer production processes
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Potential applications of membrane separation for subsea natural gas processing: A review. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. vol. 39.
- (2017) Characterization and modelling of aerosol droplet in absorption columns. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 58.
- (2017) Effect of Amine Volatility on Aerosol Droplet Development in Absorption Columns. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Gas phase amine depletaion created by aerosol formation and growth. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 64.
- (2017) Enriched Air or Pure Oxygen as Oxidant for Gas-to-Liquid Process with Microchannel Reactors. Chemical Engineering & Technology. vol. 40 (10).
- (2017) Mathematical modeling and validation of CO2 mass transfer in a membrane contactor using ionic liquids for pre-combustion CO2 capture. Chemical engineering research & design. vol. 123.
- (2017) A multifluid-PBE model for simulation of mass transfer limited processes operated in bubble columns. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 110.
- (2016) Modelling of a tubular membrane contactor for pre-combustion CO2 capture using ionic liquids: Influence of the membrane configuration, absorbent properties and operation parameters. Green Energy & Environment. vol. 3.
- (2016) Dynamic simulation of post-combustion CO2 capture for flexible operation of the Brindisi pilot plant. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 48.
- (2016) Dominating dynamics of the post-combustion CO2 absorption process. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 86.
- (2016) Conceptual design of an autonomous once-through gas-to-liquid process with microchannel fischer-tropsch reactors. Chemical Engineering Transactions. vol. 52.
- (2016) Evaluation of kinetic models for Fischer–Tropsch cobalt catalysts in a plug flow reactor. Chemical engineering research & design. vol. 114.
- (2016) Process concepts to produce syngas for Fischer-Tropsch fuels by solar thermochemical splitting of water and/or CO2. Fuel processing technology. vol. 145.
- (2016) Optimization and Characterization of an Amino Acid Ionic Liquid and Polyethylene Glycol Blend Solvent for Precombustion CO2 Capture: Experiments and Model Fitting. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 55 (46).
- (2015) Dynamic model validation of the post-combustion CO2 absorption process. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 41.
- (2015) Modeling the Fischer-Tropsch Product Distribution and Model Implementation. Chemical product and process modeling. vol. 10 (3).
- (2015) Conceptual design of an autonomous once-through gas-to-liquid process — Comparison between fixed bed and microchannel reactors. Fuel processing technology. vol. 139.
- (2015) Modeling of a Slurry Bubble Column Reactor for the Proction of Biofuels via the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis. Chemical Engineering & Technology. vol. 38 (4).
- (2014) Validation of a Dynamic Model of the Brindisi Pilot Plant. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2013) Staging of the Fischer-Tropsch Reactor with a Cobalt-Based Catalyst. Chemical Engineering & Technology. vol. 36 (10).