Magnus Aassved Hjort
Background and activities
Medical doctor from University of Tromsø (2010) and consultant at Children's Clinic, St. Olavs hospital.
I did my PhD in the Rø/Børset-lab, Myeloma group, Dept of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, NTNU from 2014-2018, exploring the importance of the phosphatase PRL-3 in the B cell malignancies B-ALL, Hodgkin lymphoma and multiple myeloma. Here we found that PRL-3 was expressed at a higher level in cancer cells compared to normal cells. Further we found that PRL-3 was important for cancer cell migration and proliferation. This indicates that PRL-3 could be a possible novel treatment target in B cell malignancies.
From November 2018 I'm a 50 % researcher with a projected related to treatment-related mortality in the NOPHO ALL 2008-protocol.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Phosphatase of Regenerating Liver-3 Regulates Cancer Cell Metabolism in Multiple Myeloma. The FASEB Journal.
- (2021) Cognitive Rehabilitation for Neurocognitive Late Effects in Adult Survivors of Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: A Feasibility and Case-Series Study. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 12.
- (2018) Phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 (PRL-3) is overexpressed in classical Hodgkin lymphoma and promotes survival and migration. Experimental hematology and oncology. vol. 7:8.
- (2017) Phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 is expressed in acute lymphoblastic leukemia and mediates leukemic cell adhesion, migration and drug resistance. OncoTarget. vol. 9 (3).
- (2016) Src family kinases are regulated in multiple myeloma cells by phosphatase of regenerating liver-3. Molecular Cancer Research. vol. 15 (1).
- (2018) Phosphatase of regenerating liver -3 as a target for treatment of B cell malignancies. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2018. ISBN 9788232632725.