Magnus Strøm Kahrs
Background and activities
PhD in science education, NTNU, 2014
Head of division for University Didactics at the Department of Physics (2018 - )
Project: "Chi. Collective. Individual" at the Department of Physics (2018-2020). Project coordinator
- Local senior safety representative at the Facutly of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (2017-2018)
- Safety representative at the Department of General Science, former Sør-Trøndelag University College (2015-2018)
- Local deputy senior safety representative at the Faculty of Technology, former Sør-Trøndelag University College (2015-2017)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Students’ use of the interactive whiteboard during physics group work. European Journal of Engineering Education. vol. 40 (2).
- (2014) Engineering students' experiences from physics group work in learning labs. Research in Science & Technological Education. vol. 32 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2020) Citizen Engineer - Engineering Student's Motivation Towards an Engineering Career. ‘ENGAGING ENGINEERING EDUCATION’- SEFI 48TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS.
- (2019) Peer learning and concept test, Formative assessment a learning opportunity. Varietas delectat… Complexity is the new normality Proceedings SEFI 2019. SEFI 47th Annual Conference. Budapest, 16-20 September, 2019.
- (2019) On the Illusion of knowledge. Varietas delectat… Complexity is the new normality Proceedings SEFI 2019. SEFI 47th Annual Conference. Budapest, 16-20 September, 2019.
- (2018) The interactive whiteboard supports joint focus in collaborative learning. Proceedings of the 46th SEFI Annual Conference.
- (2016) Interventions On Learning, Stimulated By The Use Of Text-based Student Response System. EDULEARN16 Proceedings.
- (2015) Response Technology Used to Build Self-Regulated Learners. INTED2015 Proceedings.
- (2014) Engineering students’ use of the interactive whiteboard during physics group work. Science Education Research For Evidence-based Teaching and Coherence in Learning (Proceedings of the ESERA 2013 Conference).
- (2012) Experiences with Use of New Digital Learning Environments to Increase Academic and Social Competence. ICERI 2012 Conference Proceedings.
- (2020) Fremtidens yrkesfaglærerutdanning ved NTNU. Delrapport 1 og 2. 2020.