Mara Gabriela Diaconu
Mara Gabriela Diaconu
Coordinator IDUN project and Community Manager Mobilise-D, IMI project | MC and WG lead COST Action NET4AGE FriendlyFaculty of Medicine and Health Sciences Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
Background and activities
The international mentoring scheme is offering female scientists a career catapulting and empower women to follow their career in ICT areas with nine female adjunct professors acting as mentors and role models for 35 researchers at their early career stage who have signed up as mentees.
Coordinator for the IDUN - from PhD to professor (https://www.ntnu.edu/idun) Gender balance in top research positions
- Coordinate the project activities in engaging women in ICT and STEM research
- Coordinate the mentor programme
- Organise events and build on the national and international networks
- Support Women innovators
- Create opportunities for increasing the number of female scientists in top positions at NTNU's Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
Between August 2017 to August 2020 was EU Project Developer - Health Technologies for Active Ageing and self-Management of Health at NTNU. My role in NTNU was to develop together with the researchers a medium and long term strategy for research and product development, provision of expertise in project development, European Funding, communication, and capacity building, project management, as well as creating clear opportunities to develop successful project proposals, finding the best partners and exploitation of the project results into products. My main responsibilities:
- Coordination and development of proposals and project ideas in the field of Health Technology for Active Ageing and Self-Management of Health
- Looking for funding opportunities to support ambitious and innovative ideas coming from the researchers from the Department of Neuromedicine and Movement Science and the Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences in programmes such as: Horizon 2020, Ambient Assisted Living Programme, Eurostars, EEA Grants, IMI, Health and Innovation related programmes
- Bridge the gap between the academic and business sector, by finding the right partners to develop a project idea and pushing the innovation to market
- Writing together with the academic and business partners feasibility studies, impact and innovation management strategies, building stakeholders and community networks
- EU positioning for the NTNU’s group of researchers in various platforms, forums, associations, and strategic partnerships in order to raise awareness about their research and potential for innovation
- Organising workshops and coaching sessions with NTNU’s researchers (seniors and young career) to motivate them in applying for international funding and expand their potential of innovation and new products to market
- Attending events and conferences organised in the Health Technology area to raise awareness about the innovative research, pitching project ideas, and building consortia
- Coordination and supervision of the NTNU project team during the project implementation
- 10 projects won 2017 - 2020 brought more than 3,8M EUR in grant for NTNU, Department of Neuromedicine and Movement Science.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Developing a Protocol for Personalized Reminiscence Therapy – The SENSE-GARDEN Project. International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine World Congress (ISPRM 2019) ; 2019-06-09 - 2019-06-13.
- (2019) The Role of Adaptive Immersive Technology in Creating Personalised Environments for Emotional Connection and Preservation of Identity in Dementia Care: Insights from User Perspectives towards SENSE-GARDEN. International Journal on Advances in Life Sciences. vol. 11 (1&2).
- (2018) SENSE-GARDEN Project - a new Approach in Remimiscence therapy. The National Symposium of Gerontopsychology ; 2018-10-19 - 2018-10-19.
- (2017) Welfare technologies at NTNU; Collaboration with municipalities. Meeting with Board of Representatives, Kommunalbanken . NTNU; Trondheim. 2017-11-01 - 2017-11-01.
- (2017) Work seminar in Welfare Technology. Arbeidsseminar for kunnskapsområdet velferdsteknologi i NTNU Helse . NTNU; Oppdal. 2017-11-20 - 2017-11-21.