Marcus Thomas Pius Gilbert
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A guide to the application of Hill numbers to DNA-based diversity analyses. Molecular Ecology Resources. vol. 19 (4).
- (2019) Early Pleistocene enamel proteome from Dmanisi resolves Stephanorhinus phylogeny. Nature. vol. 574 (7776).
- (2019) Biological adaptations in the Arctic cervid, the reindeer (Rangifer tarandus). Science. vol. 364 (6446).
- (2019) 31° South: The physiology of adaptation to arid conditions in a passerine bird. Molecular Ecology. vol. 28 (16).
- (2019) Skmer: assembly-free and alignment-free sample identification using genome skims. Genome Biology. vol. 20.
- (2019) Multi-omics and potential applications in wine production. Current Opinion in Biotechnology. vol. 56.
- (2019) Taxonomic and functional characterization of the microbial community during spontaneous in vitro fermentation of riesling must. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 10.
- (2019) Ancient RNA from Late Pleistocene permafrost and historical canids shows tissue-specific transcriptome survival. PLoS Biology. vol. 17 (7).
- (2019) Ancient DNA reveals the timing and persistence of organellar genetic bottlenecks over 3,000 years of sunflower domestication and improvement. Evolutionary Applications. vol. 12 (1).
- (2018) Agriculture shapes the trophic niche of a bat preying on multiple pest arthropods across Europe: Evidence from DNA metabarcoding. Molecular Ecology. vol. 27 (3).
- (2018) Promises and pitfalls of using high-throughput sequencing for diet analysis. Molecular Ecology Resources. vol. 19 (2).
- (2018) Scrutinizing key steps for reliable metabarcoding of environmental samples. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. vol. 9 (1).
- (2018) No longer locally extinct? Tracing the origins of a lion (Panthera leo) living in Gabon. Conservation Genetics. vol. 19 (3).
- (2018) Using DNA metabarcoding for simultaneous inference ofcommon vampire bat diet and population structure. Molecular Ecology Resources. vol. 18 (5).
- (2018) Ancient DNA analysis of Scandinavian medieval drinking horns and the horn of the last aurochs bull. Journal of Archaeological Science. vol. 99.
- (2018) Singe-tube library preparation for degraded DNA. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. vol. 9 (2).
- (2018) Using metabarcoding to compare the suitability of two blood‐feeding leech species for sampling mammalian diversity in North Borneo. Molecular Ecology Resources.
- (2018) Ancient genomes from Iceland reveal the making of a human population. Science. vol. 360 (6392).
- (2018) Mind the gut: genomic insights to population divergence and gut microbial composition of two marine keystone species. Microbiome. vol. 6 (82).
- (2018) Interspecific gene flow shaped the evolution of the genus Canis. Current Biology. vol. 28 (21).