Background and activities
2009: PhD in clinical medicine: “Cortical hand bone loss in rheumatoid arthritis”
2003: Licensed specialist in Rheumatology
1993: Cand. Med, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
Main areas of research:
-More about the research group Inflammation and cardiovascular disease
-More about the Norwegian Epidemiologic Osteoporosis Studies, NOREPOS
High intensity interval training in patients with arthritis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Thyroid function tests in the reference range and fracture: Individual participant analysis of prospective cohorts. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 102 (8).
- (2017) Quantifying bone marrow inflammatory edema in the spine and sacroiliac joints with thresholding. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 18 (1).
- (2017) Bone mineral density in patients with psoriatic arthritis: data from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study 3. RMD Open. vol. 3 (1).
- (2017) Validation of FRAX and the impact of self-reported falls among elderly in a general population: the HUNT study, Norway. Osteoporosis International. vol. 28 (10).
- (2017) Psoriasis, fracture risk and bone mineral density: the HUNT Study, Norway. British Journal of Dermatology. vol. 176 (5).
- (2017) Self-reported diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis has low accuracy: Data from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Journal of Rheumatology. vol. 44 (8).
- (2016) Technologies for assessment of bone reflecting bone strength and bone mineral density in elderly women: An update. Women's health.. vol. 12 (2).
- (2016) On the HUNT for cardiovascular risk factors and disease in patients with psoriatic arthritis: Population-based data from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 75 (5).
- (2016) Surgery for lumbar spinal stenosis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: A multicenter observational study. European Journal of Rheumatology. vol. 3 (2).
- (2016) Forearm fractures in Central Norway, 1999–2012: incidence, time trends, and seasonal variation. Archives of Osteoporosis. vol. 11 (7).
- (2015) Subclinical Thyroid Dysfunction and Fracture Risk A Meta-analysis. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). vol. 313 (20).
- (2015) Prevalence and incidence rates of psoriatic arthritis in central Norway: Data from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases.
- (2015) Use of anti-osteoporotic drugs among women in central Norway after a forearm fracture. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 25.
- (2015) Use of anti-osteoporotic drugs in central Norway after a forearm fracture. Archives of Osteoporosis. vol. 10.
- (2015) The effects of high intensity interval training in women with rheumatic disease: a pilot study. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 115 (10).
- (2014) Exploring the relationship between bone density and severity of distal radius fragility fracture in women. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research. vol. 9 (1).
- (2014) Identification of inflammation sites in arthritic joints using hyperspectral imaging. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 8947.
- (2013) Cortical hand bone porosity and its association with distal radius Fracture in middle aged and elderly women. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (7:e68405).
- (2013) Predictors of short- and long-term mortality in males and females with hip fracture - A prospective observational cohort study. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (10:e78169).
- (2013) Short- and long-term mortality in males and females with fragility hip fracture in Norway.A population-based study. Clinical Interventions in Aging. vol. 8.