Background and activities
I am a PhD fellow at the MR Cancer group, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging (ISB), Faculty of Medicine (DMF). I started in my position in December 2015.
My research of interest is metabolic profiling of prostate cancer tissue. For this purpose, I use methods which include high-resolution magic angle spinning (HR-MAS) magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), matrix assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI) mass spectrometry imaging, immunohistochemistry (IHC), various mRNA analysis methods and multivariate analysis. A main aim of my research is to identify metabolic and transcriptomic markers/signatures that can illuminate the cell biology of prostate cancer tissue.
- 2013-2015: Master's degree in Molecular Medicine, DMF, NTNU
- 2010-2013: Biotechnology, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology, NTNU
Previous academic work and projects
- Master's thesis: MicroRNA profiling using formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue - Quality assessment of microRNA profiles from FFPE and matched fresh frozen prostate tissue in relation to storage time by applying Next Generation Sequencing.
- iGEM 2013 competition participation. Project: VesiColi.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Integrative metabolic and transcriptomic profiling of prostate cancer tissue containing reactive stroma. Scientific Reports. vol. 8:14269.
- (2018) NMR-Based Prostate Cancer Metabolomics. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 1786.
- (2018) Cholesterol synthesis pathway genes in prostate cancer are transcriptionally downregulated when tissue confounding is minimized. BMC Cancer. vol. 18:478.
- (2017) SFRP4 gene expression is increased in aggressive prostate cancer. Scientific Reports. vol. 7.