Background and activities
I am a postdoctoral fellow at the MR Cancer group, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging (ISB), Faculty of Medicine (DMF).
My research of interest is metabolic profiling of prostate cancer tissue. For this purpose, I use methods which include high-resolution magic angle spinning (HR-MAS) magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), matrix assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI) mass spectrometry imaging, immunohistochemistry (IHC), various mRNA analysis methods and multivariate analysis. A main aim of my research is to identify metabolic and transcriptomic markers/signatures that can illuminate the cell biology of prostate cancer tissue.
- 2013-2015: Master's degree in Molecular Medicine, DMF, NTNU
- 2010-2013: Biotechnology, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology, NTNU
Previous academic work and projects
- Master's thesis: MicroRNA profiling using formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue - Quality assessment of microRNA profiles from FFPE and matched fresh frozen prostate tissue in relation to storage time by applying Next Generation Sequencing.
- iGEM 2013 competition participation. Project: VesiColi.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Integrative metabolic and transcriptomic profiling of prostate cancer tissue containing reactive stroma. Scientific Reports. vol. 8:14269.
- (2018) NMR-Based Prostate Cancer Metabolomics. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 1786.
- (2018) Cholesterol synthesis pathway genes in prostate cancer are transcriptionally downregulated when tissue confounding is minimized. BMC Cancer. vol. 18 (478).
- (2017) SFRP4 gene expression is increased in aggressive prostate cancer. Scientific Reports. vol. 7.