Background and activities
Maria Lavrutich is an Associate Professor at the Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management (IØT) at NTNU. She obtained her PhD in Operations Research in 2016 at Tilburg University, the Netherlands.
Her research interests lie at the intersection of industrtial organization, mathematical finance and decision theory. In particular, she studies optimal dynamic decision making under uncertainty, applying stochastic control and game theory techniques. In her research, she works both with theoretical models of financial decision making as well as their applications to practical problems that arise in different industries.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Technology adoption in a declining market. European Journal of Operational Research.
- (2019) Optimal investment decisions in lice-fighting technologies: A case study in Norway. Aquaculture. vol. 504.
- (2018) The impact of Norwegian-Swedish green certificate scheme on investment behavior: A wind energy case study. Energy Policy. vol. 123.
- (2018) Real options under technological uncertainty: A case study of investment in a post-smolt facility in Norway. Marine Policy. vol. 88.
- (2017) Capacity choice under uncertainty in a duopoly with endogenous exit. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 258 (3).