Maria Othelie Underdal
Background and activities
Content of PhD-thesis: I am working on a follow-up study of women with Polycystic ovarysyndrom (PCOS) and long-therm health measured by BMI, metabolic parameters, reproductive hormones, lung function and QoL. Supervisors: professor Eszter Vanky (NTNU) and professor Marianne Andersen (Syddansk Universitet, Odense).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Impaired Respiratory Function in Women With PCOS Compared With Matched Controls From a Population-Based Study. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (JCEM). vol. 105 (1).
- (2019) Use of metformin to treat pregnant women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PregMet2): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. The Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology. vol. 7 (4).
- (2019) Prolactin and breast increase during pregnancy in PCOS: linked to long-term metabolic health?. European Journal of Endocrinology (EJE). vol. 180 (6).
- (2018) Does Metformin Treatment during Pregnancy Modify the Future Metabolic Profile in Women with PCOS?. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (JCEM). vol. 103 (6).
- (2010) Minor diurnal and activity-induced variations in daytime peripheral blood platelet counts do not have any major impact on platelet yield by platelet apheresis. Transfusion and Apheresis Science. vol. 43 (1).