Background and activities
Dr. Ing. Maria Wallin is a chemical engineer with a PhD in Material Science from Chalmers University of Technology (2014). She has worked as Product Developer at Promimic and as a Quality and Management consultant at Knightec before she joined NTNU in 2017. Maria is currently working as a researcher/EU advisor and her focus areas are in pyrometallurgical production, recycling and refining of metals from stable oxides. Dr Wallin coordinate NTNUs activities in EIT Raw Materials and she is also the administrative coordinator of two EU-projects; SisAl Pilot (https://www.sisal-pilot.eu/) and HydroMetEC (https://www.ntnu.edu/metpro/hydrometec). In addition, Maria is the leader of a work package in the EU funded PreMa project (https://www.spire2030.eu/prema) and in the national funded Reduced CO2 project (https://www.facebook.com/CO2ReductionProject/).
Main areas (Primary contact person at the Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering)
- EIT Raw Material coordinator and NTNUs representative in the steering committee (https://eitrawmaterials.eu/)
- NTNU representative in SPIRE (https://www.spire2030.eu/)
- Relevant EU and EIT Raw Material calls and establishment of a consortium
- Support during proposal writing
- Project management
- Positioning, positioning support, PES/POS
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) The Consumption of Carbonaceous Materials in Steelmaking and the Potential of Replacement by Biocarbon. 2018.