Mariela Loreto Lara Cabrera
Background and activities
PhD in clinical medicine NTNU, MHSc, RN.
Researcher at Tiller CMHC and NTNU. Main research areas are patient education, patient activation and shared decison making in community mental health services.
Research at St. Olavs University Hospital, Division of Psychiatry, dep. of Research and Development, Trondheim, Norway.
Working on 4 investigations (4 RCTs* and 1 qualitative study) on the effects of different interventions designed to improve patient activation, user involvement, patient participation and shared decision making in mental health services.
*For more information on Clinical trials.gov, registration no: NCT0097265, NCT01601587, NCT01796223 and NCT03337425.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Does the working alliance mediate the effect of routine outcome monitoring (ROM) and alliance feedback on psychotherapy outcomes? A secondary analysis from a randomized clinical trial. Journal of Counseling Psychology. vol. 66 (2).
- (2019) Cognitive behavioural group therapy for male perpetrators of intimate partner violence: a systematic review. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 19.
- (2019) Psychoeducational Groups versus Waitlist in Treatment of Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity/Impulsivity Disorder (ADHD) in Adults: A Protocol for a Pilot Randomized Waitlist-Controlled Multicenter Trial. BMC Pilot and Feasibility Studies.
- (2018) The effects of routine outcome monitoring (ROM) on therapy outcomes in the course of an implementation process: A randomized clinical trial. Journal of Counseling Psychology. vol. 65 (5).
- (2018) The effects of a pretreatment educational group programme on mental health treatment outcomes: A randomized controlled trial. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 18:665.
- (2017) Twelve months effect of self-referral to inpatient treatment on patient activation, recovery, symptoms and functioning: A randomized controlled study. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 100 (6).
- (2016) Short-term effects of a peer co-led educational programme delivered before mental health treatment: A randomised controlled trial. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 99 (7).
- (2016) The effect of a brief educational programme added to mental health treatment to improve patient activation: A randomized controlled trial in community mental health centres. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 99 (5).
- (2015) Psychometric properties of the Patient Activation Measure-13 among out-patients waiting for mental health treatment: A validation study in Norway. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 98 (11).
- (2013) Same description, different values. How service users and providers define patient and public involvement in health care. Health Expectations. vol. 16 (3).