Marit Buhaug Folstad
Background and activities
Ph.D. candidate at the Department of material science and engineering, NTNU. I study the slag in the silicon and ferrosilicon production, both the accumulated and the slag tapped out of the furnace.
My background is a MSc in Industrial chemistry and biotechnology from NTNU. In my masterthesis I studied one of the reactions inside the silicon furnace,
2SiO2 + SiC = 3SiO + CO.
Effect of Different Polymorphs of SiO2 on the Reaction between SiO2 and SiC in Si Production, Student report, NTNU, 2016.
Effect of Different Polymorphs of SiO2 on the Reaction between SiO2 and SiC in Si Production, Master thesis, NTNU, 2017.
See all publications in the database: https://wo.cristin.no/as/WebObjects/cristin.woa/wa/fres?action=sok&etternavn=Folstad&fornavn=Marit&sort=ar&bs=50
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Effect of different SiO2 polymorphs on the reaction between SiO2 and SiC in Si production. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 52B (2).
Part of book/report
- (2020) Slag in the Tapping Area in a Si Furnace. Silicon for the Chemical and Solar Industry XV.
- (2020) A study of slag in Si and FeSi furnaces. 2020.
- (2020) Report of a Si excavation 2019. 2020.
- (2017) Effect of Different Polymorphs of SiO2 on the Reaction between SiO2 and SiC in Si Production. 2017.