Marit By Rise
Background and activities
Centre leader, professor, Regional centre for child and youth mental health and child welfare,
Department of Mental Helth
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Return to work self-efficacy after occupational rehabilitation for musculoskeletal- and common mental health disorders: secondary outcomes of a randomized clinical trial. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine.
- (2020) Inpatient multimodal occupational rehabilitation reduces sickness absence among individuals with musculoskeletal and common mental health disorders: a randomized clinical trial. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. vol. 46.
- (2020) Professionals’ perceptions of the establishment of a specialized brief therapy unit in a district psychiatric centre - a qualitative study. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 20 (1).
- (2020) Patients’ perspectives on three-monthly administration of antipsychotic treatment with paliperidone palmitate – a qualitative interview study. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry.
- (2020) Periodized resistance training for persistent non-specific low back pain: a mixed methods feasibility study. BMC sports science, medicine and rehabilitation. vol. 12 (1).
- (2020) Rethinking long-term condition management: An actor-level framework. Sociology of Health and Illness.
- (2020) Professionals’ perspectives on factors within primary mental health services that can affect pathways to involuntary psychiatric admissions. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 14 (1).
- (2019) Psykomotorisk fysioterapi til mennesker med traumeerfaring - en kvalitativ intervjustudie. Fysioterapeuten. vol. 8.19.
- (2019) “I live, I don’t work, but I live a very normal life”—A qualitative interview study of Scandinavian user experiences of schizophrenia, antipsychotic medication, and personal recovery processes. Perspectives in psychiatric care.
- (2019) Effectiveness of adding a workplace intervention to an inpatient multimodal occupational rehabilitation program: A randomized clinical trial. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health.
- (2019) Employees with hearing impairment. A qualitative study exploring managers’ experiences. Disability and Rehabilitation.
- (2018) The acceptance and commitment therapy model in occupational rehabilitation of musculoskeletal and common mental disorders: a qualitative focus group study. Disability and Rehabilitation.
- (2018) The feasibility of occupational rehabilitation in transdiagnostic groups for participants with chronic pain, chronic fatigue and common mental disorders. Tijdschrift voor Bedrijfs- en Verzekeringsgeneeskunde. vol. 26 (7).
- (2018) Unfolding the values of work - therapists´ experience of addressing the return to work process in occupational rehabilitation based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 18 (1).
- (2018) Design of a study evaluating the effects, health economics, and stakeholder perspectives of a multi-component occupational rehabilitation program with an added workplace intervention - A study protocol. BMC Public Health. vol. 18 (219).
- (2018) Individual user involvement at Healthy Life Centres: a qualitative study exploring the perspective of health professionals. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 13 (1).
- (2018) Respect, trust and continuity: A qualitative study exploring service users’ experience of involvement at a Healthy Life Centre in Norway. Health Expectations.
- (2018) Working life trajectories with hearing impairment. Disability and Rehabilitation.
- (2018) Hearing loss and work participation: a cross-sectional study in Norway. International Journal of Audiology. vol. 57 (9).
- (2017) Experiences of participation in goal setting for people with stroke-induced aphasia in Norway. A qualitative study. Disability and Rehabilitation. vol. 39 (11).