Marit Ragnhild Rokne Bjørgaas
Background and activities
MD 1978. PhD 1998: Hypoglycaemia in children with diabetes mellitus. Specialist in paediatrics 1987, internal medicine 2001, endocrinology 2002.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A multiparameter model for non-invasive detection of hypoglycemia. Physiological Measurement. vol. 40 (8).
- (2019) Assessing awareness of hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: Evaluation of established questionnaires. Pediatric Diabetes.
- (2019) Comparison of the associations between non-traditional and traditional indices of adiposity and cardiovascular mortality: an observational study of one million person-years of follow-up. International Journal of Obesity. vol. 43 (5).
- (2018) Evaluation of hypoglycaemia with non-invasive sensors in people with type 1 diabetes and impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia. Scientific Reports. vol. 8:14722.
- (2018) Fear of hypoglycaemia and its relation to hypoglycaemia awareness and symptom intensity in Type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. vol. 137.
- (2017) Cognitive deficits associated with impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes. Diabetologia. vol. 60 (6).
- (2017) Detection of sympathoadrenal discharge by parameterisation of skin conductance and ECG measurement. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference Proceedings.
- (2017) Simultaneous assay of cortisol and dexamethasone improved diagnostic accuracy of the dexamethasone suppression test. European Journal of Endocrinology. vol. 176 (6).
- (2016) Exercise Training Normalizes Timing of Left Ventricular Untwist Rate, but Not Peak Untwist Rate, in Individuals with Type 2 Diabetes and Diastolic Dysfunction: A Pilot Study. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 29 (5).
- (2015) Reduced cognitive function in people with type 1 diabetes and impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia. Diabetologia. vol. 58.
- (2015) Impaired awareness of hypoglycemia in adults with type 1 diabetes is not associated with autonomic dysfunction or peripheral neuropathy. Diabetes Care. vol. 39 (3).
- (2015) Impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia and peripheral autonomic neuropathy in type 1 diabetes. Diabetologia. vol. 58.
- (2014) Fear of hypoglycemia in women and men with type 1 diabetes. Nursing Research. vol. 63 (2).
- (2014) Hypoglycaemia symptoms and impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia in adults with type 1 diabetes: The association with diabetes duration. Diabetic Medicine. vol. 31 (10).
- (2013) Impact of thyrotropin receptor antibody levels on fetal development in two successive pregnancies in a woman with Graves' Disease. Hormone Research in Paediatrics. vol. 79.
- (2013) The effects of diabetes duration on hypoglycemia symptom intensity and prevalence of impaired awareness of hypoglycemia. Pediatric Diabetes. vol. 14.
- (2013) The effect of exercise on cardiac function in patients with type 2 diabetes and diastolic dysfunction. European Heart Journal. vol. 34.
- (2013) The Effects of Diabetes Duration on Hypoglycemia Symptom Intensity and Prevalence of Impaired Awareness of Hypoglycemia. Diabetes. vol. 62.
- (2012) Cerebral effects of severe hypoglycemia in young people with type 1 diabetes. Pediatric Diabetes. vol. 13 (1).
- (2012) Association between post-test dexamethasone and cortisol concentrations in the 1-mg overnight dexamethasone suppression test. Endocrine Connections. vol. 1 (1).