Background and activities
MD 1978. PhD 1998: Hypoglycaemia in children with diabetes mellitus. Specialist in paediatrics 1987, internal medicine 2001, endocrinology 2002.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Exercise Training Normalizes Timing of Left Ventricular Untwist Rate, but Not Peak Untwist Rate, in Individuals with Type 2 Diabetes and Diastolic Dysfunction: A Pilot Study. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 29 (5).
- (2015) Reduced cognitive function in people with type 1 diabetes and impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia. Diabetologia. vol. 58.
- (2015) Impaired awareness of hypoglycemia in adults with type 1 diabetes is not associated with autonomic dysfunction or peripheral neuropathy. Diabetes Care. vol. 39 (3).
- (2015) Impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia and peripheral autonomic neuropathy in type 1 diabetes. Diabetologia. vol. 58.
- (2014) Fear of hypoglycemia in women and men with type 1 diabetes. Nursing Research. vol. 63 (2).
- (2014) Hypoglycaemia symptoms and impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia in adults with type 1 diabetes: The association with diabetes duration. Diabetic Medicine. vol. 31 (10).
- (2013) Impact of thyrotropin receptor antibody levels on fetal development in two successive pregnancies in a woman with Graves' Disease. Hormone Research in Paediatrics. vol. 79.
- (2013) The effects of diabetes duration on hypoglycemia symptom intensity and prevalence of impaired awareness of hypoglycemia. Pediatric Diabetes. vol. 14.
- (2013) The effect of exercise on cardiac function in patients with type 2 diabetes and diastolic dysfunction. European Heart Journal. vol. 34.
- (2013) The Effects of Diabetes Duration on Hypoglycemia Symptom Intensity and Prevalence of Impaired Awareness of Hypoglycemia. Diabetes. vol. 62.
- (2012) Cerebral effects of severe hypoglycemia in young people with type 1 diabetes. Pediatric Diabetes. vol. 13 (1).
- (2012) Impact of thyrotropin receptor antibody levels on fetal development in two successive pregnancies in a woman with Graves’ disease. Hormone Research in Paediatrics.
- (2012) Association between post-test dexamethasone and cortisol concentrations in the 1-mg overnight dexamethasone suppression test. Endocrine Connections. vol. 1 (1).
- (2011) Hypoglycemia-induced seizures following physical exercise in a man with type 1 diabetes and latent epilepsy. Diabetic Hypoglycemia. vol. 3 (3).
- (2011) Redusert forekomst av proliferativ retinopati ved type 1-diabetes?. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 131 (1).
- (2011) Quantitative EEG in type 1 diabetic adults with childhood exposure to severe hypoglycaemia : a 16 year follow-up study. Diabetologia. vol. 54 (9).
- (2010) Cognitive Function in Type 1 Diabetic Adults With Early Exposure to Severe Hypoglycemia. A 16-year follow-up study. Diabetes Care. vol. 33 (9).
- (2008) Regular use of pedometer does not enhance beneficial outcomes in a physical activity intervention study in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental. vol. 57 (5).
- (2007) Regular use of pedometers does not enhance beneficial outcomes in a physical activity intervention study in type 2 diabetes. Diabetologia. vol. 50.
- (2006) Effects of n-3 fatty acids in subjects with type 2 diabetes: reduction of insulin sensitivity and time-dependent alteration from carbohydrate to fat oxidation. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. vol. 84.