Background and activities
Main research interests:
Functional and molecular MR imaging of brain development and disease. Targeted MR contrast agents and manganese-enhanced MRI.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) In vitro and in vivo evaluation of organic solvent-free injectable melatonin nanoformulations. European journal of pharmaceutics and biopharmaceutics. vol. 152.
- (2019) Transient effect of melatonin treatment after neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in rats. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (12).
- (2018) Multi-modal characterization of vasculature and nanoparticle accumulation in five tumor xenograft models. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 279.
- (2018) Two-photon fluorescence and magnetic resonance specific imaging of Aβ amyloid using hybrid nano-GdF3 contrast media. ACS Applied Bio Materials (AABM). vol. 1 (2).
- (2017) Neuroprotective Treatments after Perinatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury Evaluated with Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy. Developmental Neuroscience. vol. 39 (1-4).
- (2017) Early metabolite changes after melatonin treatment in neonatal rats with hypoxic-ischemic brain injury studied by in-vivo 1H MR spectroscopy. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (9).
- (2016) No improvement of neuronal metabolism in the reperfusion phase with melatonin treatment after hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in the neonatal rat. Journal of Neurochemistry. vol. 136 (2).
- (2016) Glucose and intermediary metabolism and astrocyte–neuron interactions following neonatal hypoxia–ischemia in rat. Neurochemical Research. vol. 42 (1).
- (2016) Diffusion-weighted MRI for early detection and characterization of prostate cancer in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of the mouse prostate model. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. vol. 43 (5).
- (2015) Nanoparticle delivery to the brain - By focused ultrasound and self-assembled nanoparticle-stabilized microbubbles. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 220.
- (2014) The pentose phosphate pathway and pyruvate carboxylation after neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. vol. 34.
- (2014) Altered astrocyte-neuronal interactions after hypoxia-ischemia in the neonatal brain in female and male rats. Stroke. vol. 45 (9).
- (2014) Neuron-astrocyte interactions, pyruvate carboxylation and the pentose phosphate pathway in the neonatal rat brain. Neurochemical Research. vol. 39 (3).
- (2013) Pyruvate carboxylation in astrocytes and the pentose phosphate pathway are affected after neonatatal hypoxic brain injury - a C-13 NMR spectroscopic study. Glia. vol. 61.
- (2013) Simulated dive in rats lead to acute changes in cerebral blood flow on MRI, but no cerebral injuries to grey or white matter. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 113 (6).
- (2013) Glucose and acetate metabolism and glutamate-glutamine cycle in postnatal brain development. Journal of Neurochemistry. vol. 125.
- (2013) Brain Development after Neonatal Intermittent Hyperoxia-Hypoxia in the Rat Studied by Longitudinal MRI and Immunohistochemistry. PLOS ONE. vol. 8 (12).
- (2013) Longitudinal diffusion tensor and manganese-enhanced MRI detect delayed cerebral gray and white matter injury after hypoxia-ischemia and hyperoxia. Pediatric Research. vol. 73 (2).
- (2012) Preconditioning Triggered by Carbon Monoxide (CO) Provides Neuronal Protection Following Perinatal Hypoxia-Ischemia. PLOS ONE. vol. 7 (8).
- (2012) Doxycycline treatment in a neonatal rat model of hypoxia-ischemia reduces cerebral tissue and white matter injury: a longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study. European Journal of Neuroscience. vol. 36 (1).