Background and activities
Architect and Professor in urban design and planning, architect and since 2010 responsible for the bachelor education in urban design and planning for students in architecture. Also planning and teaching Master courses and workshops for students of architecture, under the umbrella sustainable development, are his tasks.
He was leading a research and teaching cooperation with universities in the Western Balkans, financed by the Norwegian foreign Ministry. The title for this cooperation is ‘Rethinking architecture and energy efficiency in buildings and urban development'(2014-2016). He has been part and running several projects with municipalities and higher education facilities in the Western Balkans and Italy. He is now part and Norwegian leader in the Erasmus+ European strategic partnership “ Collective Evaluation of Design Driven Doctoral Training” CA2RE+(2019-2022).
Fields of competence:
His expertise is in local planning and urban design, where Typological development and participation in planning and building processes are his peak competence.
Has a master degree in Architecture from Graz University of Technology in Austria and a PhD from Graz University of Technology and NTNU. He was employed at the department in 2007 as associate professor for urban planning and design, first teaching in the Master program for physical planning and now teaching students of architecture in urban design and planning. He was head of department for Urban design and planning between 2013 and 2015 and became full professor in urban design and planning in 2017.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Lofoten Peninsula and Eolian Archipelago: Vernacular architecture experiences in two Fisherman`s villages. CSAV Academic Journal for Vernacular Architecture.
- (2017) Three elements in the construction of spatial identities in Madir (Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina) and Ilsvika (Trondheim, Norway) neighbourhoods. Urbani Izziv. vol. 28 (1).
- (2009) RE010 - EROPAN 9 competition. Europan Austria. 2009.
- (2021) CA2RE+ 1 1 STRATEGIES OF DESIGN-DRIVEN RESEARCH. 2021. ISBN 978-87-90979-91-1.
- (2020) CA2RE Trondheim - CONFERENCE FOR ARTISTIC AND ARCHITECTURAL RESEARCH PROCEEDINGS. 2020. ISBN 978-82-7551-230-5.
- (2018) USING AN INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION PROGRAM AS A FACILITATOR FOR CURRICULUM IMPROVEMENT IN HIGHER EDUCATION - THE CASE OF EDUCATING ARCHITECTS IN BIH. 2018. ISBN 978-9958-691-67-6.
- (2016) Metamorphosis of architectural education in (post Transitional context. 2016. ISBN 978-9958-691-49-2.
Part of book/report
- (2021) Trondheim Workshop, June 2020. CA2RE+ 1 1 STRATEGIES OF DESIGN-DRIVEN RESEARCH.
- (2021) Architectural Research Between Arts, Technology, and Practice. A Position Paper Sketch on Practice-based/ Design-driven Research at the NTNU. COMPARISON Conference for Artistic and Architectural Research. Book of Proceedings - MILANO.
- (2020) CONTEMPORARY DESIGN INTERVENTION INSIDE THE CULTURAL LANDSCAPE OF ŽEPČE – AT WHAT PRICE?. Cities and Cultural Landscapes - Recognition, Celebration, Preservation and Experience.
- (2020) Norvegia e Bosnia–Erzegovina. Interventi temporanei nello spazio pubblico. CITTÀ ESISTENTE E RIGENERAZIONE URBANA - PER UNA INTEGRAZIONE TRA URBS E CIVITAS.
- (2016) Overhauling higher education by factoring sustainability into university curricula. Metamorphosis of architectural education in (post Transitional context..
- (2018) Adaptive Reuse of Rural heritage in Lofoten. 2018.
- (2010) Innspill til fremtidsløsning for kollektivtransporten i Trondheim. 2010.