Background and activities
Since 2010 he is responsible for the bachelor education in urban design and planning for students in architecture. Also planning and teaching Master courses and workshops for students of architecture are his tasks.
He leads a research and teaching cooperation with universities in the Western Balkans, financed by the Norwegian foreign Ministry. The title for this cooperation is ‘Rethinking architecture and energy efficiency in buildings and urban development'.
Fields of competence:
His expertise is in local planning and urban design, where Typological development and participation in planning and building processes are his peak competence.
Has a master degree in Architecture from Graz University of Technology in Austria and a PhD from Graz University of Technology and NTNU. He was employed at the department in 2007 as associate professor for urban planning and design, first teaching in the Master programme for physical planning and now teaching students of architecture in urban design and planning. He was head of department for Urban design and planning between 2013 and 2015 and became full professor in urban design and planning in 2017.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Lofoten Peninsula and Eolian Archipelago: Vernacular architecture experiences in two Fisherman`s villages. CSAV Academic Journal for Vernacular Architecture.
- (2017) Three elements in the construction of spatial identities in Madir (Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina) and Ilsvika (Trondheim, Norway) neighbourhoods. Urbani Izziv. vol. 28 (1).
- (2009) RE010 - EROPAN 9 competition. Europan Austria. 2009.
- (2018) USING AN INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION PROGRAM AS A FACILITATOR FOR CURRICULUM IMPROVEMENT IN HIGHER EDUCATION - THE CASE OF EDUCATING ARCHITECTS IN BIH. 2018. ISBN 978-9958-691-67-6.
- (2016) Metamorphosis of architectural education in (post Transitional context. 2016. ISBN 978-9958-691-49-2.
Part of book/report
- (2020) CONTEMPORARY DESIGN INTERVENTION INSIDE THE CULTURAL LANDSCAPE OF ŽEPČE – AT WHAT PRICE?. Cities and Cultural Landscapes - Recognition, Celebration, Preservation and Experience.
- (2016) Overhauling higher education by factoring sustainability into university curricula. Metamorphosis of architectural education in (post Transitional context..
- (2018) Adaptive Reuse of Rural heritage in Lofoten. 2018.
- (2010) Innspill til fremtidsløsning for kollektivtransporten i Trondheim. 2010.