Marte Singsås Dragset
Background and activities
I work with host-pathogen interactions, with an emphasis on bacterial virulence. I am specifically interested in mycobacteria, a genus containing members causing tuberculosis and tuberculosis-like diseases. I obtained my masters at University of Tromsø (molecular eukaryot cell biology) and my PhD at Norwegain University of Science and Technology (molecular microbiology). I spent two years of my PhD training at Harvard University in Boston, USA. Currently, I am on a two-year research stay at Germans Trias i Pujol Research Institute outside Barcelona, Spain, where I work with the common fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster) as a host for mycobacterial infections.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Global assessment of Mycobacterium avium subsp. hominissuis genetic requirement for growth and virulence. mSystems. vol. 4 (6).
- (2019) Genome-wide phenotypic profiling identifies and categorizes genes required for mycobacterial low iron fitness. Scientific Reports. vol. 9:11394.
- (2015) Benzoic Acid-Inducible Gene Expression in Mycobacteria. PLOS ONE. vol. 10 (9).
- (2015) A novel antimycobacterial compound acts as an intracellular iron chelator. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. vol. 59 (4).
- (2014) Mycobacterial Esx-3 Requires Multiple Components for Iron Acquisition. mBio. vol. 5 (3:e01073-14).
- (2011) BKV Agnoprotein Interacts with alpha-Soluble N-Ethylmaleimide-Sensitive Fusion Attachment Protein, and Negatively Influences Transport of VSVG-EGFP. PLOS ONE. vol. 6 (9).
- (2008) Phosphorylation of human polyomavirus BK agnoprotein at Ser-11 is mediated by PKC and has an important regulative function. Virology. vol. 379.
- (2007) Protein kinase D induces transcription through direct phosphorylation of the cAMP-response element-binding protein. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 282.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Genome-Wide Transposon Mutagenesis in Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium smegmatis. In Vitro Mutagenesis.
- (2013) Riding the Ferrous Wheel: Identification and Study of Genes Involved in Mycobacterial Iron Aquisition. 2013. ISBN 978-82-471-4836-5.