Background and activities
- Associate Professor at Department of Engineering Cybernetics, NTNU
- 2006: Master of Science (Siv.ing.) at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics, NTNU
- 2011: PhD at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics, NTNU
Curricular interests and activities:
- Mathematical modelling and simulation
- Acoustic telemetry and other sensor types for underwater use
- Technologies aimed at the fisheries and aquaculture industries
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) A new method for measuring free-ranging fish swimming speed in commercial marine farms using Doppler principle. IEEE Sensors Journal.
- (2020) Heart rate and swimming activity as stress indicators for Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Aquaculture. vol. 531.
- (2019) Internet of Fish: Integration of acoustic telemetry with LPWAN for efficient real-time monitoring of fish in marine farms. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. vol. 163.
- (2019) Fish welfare based classification method of ocean current speeds at aquaculture sites. Aquaculture Environment Interactions. vol. 11.
- (2019) Method for Real-Time Hybrid Model Testing of ocean structures: Case study on horizontal mooring systems. Ocean Engineering. vol. 172.
- (2018) Modelling how the physical scale of experimental tanks affects salmon growth performance. Aquaculture. vol. 495.
- (2018) Using acoustic telemetry to monitor the effects of crowding and delousing procedures on farmed Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Aquaculture. vol. 495.
- (2018) Kalman estimation of position and velocity for ReaTHM testing applications. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2017) Biomonitoring using tagged sentinel fish and acoustic telemetry in commercial salmon aquaculture: A feasibility study. Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 78.
- (2017) Precision fish farming: A new framework to improve production in aquaculture. Biosystems Engineering. vol. 173.
- (2016) Modelling of surface and 3D pellet distribution in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) cages. Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 72-73.
- (2016) Modelling growth performance and feeding behaviour of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) in commercial-size aquaculture net pens: Model details and validation through full-scale experiments. Aquaculture. vol. 464.
- (2015) Structural analysis of aquaculture nets: comparison and validation of different numerical modeling approaches. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 137 (4).
- (2014) Deformation of nets with bending stiffness normal to uniform currents. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 136 (4).
- (2013) Modelling of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) behaviour in sea-cages: Using artificial light to control swimming depth. Aquaculture. vol. 388.
- (2012) The Influence of Stocking Density on the Swimming Behavior of Adult Atlantic Cod, Gadus morhua, in a Near Shore Net Pen. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society. vol. 43 (5).
- (2011) Development of two telemetry-based systems for monitoring the feeding behaviour of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) in aquaculture sea-cages. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. vol. 76 (2).
- (2009) Modelling of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) behaviour in sea-cages: A Lagrangian approach. Aquaculture. vol. 288 (3-4).
Part of book/report
- (2019) A novel Doppler based speed measurement technique for individual free-ranging fish. 2019 IEEE SENSORS Proceedings.
- (2019) System for Real-Time Positioning and Monitoring of Fish in Commercial Marine Farms Based on Acoustic Telemetry and Internet of Fish (IoF). The 29th International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference.