Background and activities
Professor at The Regional Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health and Child Welfare, Central Norway, NTNU.
Early Child Care
Child mental Health
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Together and alone a study of interactions between toddlers and childcare providers during mealtime in Norwegian childcare centres. Early Child Development and Care. vol. 188 (3).
- (2018) Screening for mental health problems in a Norwegian preschool population. A validation of the Ages and Stages Questionnaire: Social- Emotional (ASQ:SE). Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
- (2017) Elevated cortisol levels in Norwegian toddlers in childcare. Early Child Development and Care.
- (2017) The Incredible Years Teacher Classroom Management Programme in Kindergartens: Effects of a Universal Preventive Effort. Journal of Child and Family Studies. vol. 26 (8).
- (2016) Hva betyr gode hverdagssituasjoner i barnehagen for de yngste barna?. Paideia.
- (2016) Does the Incredible Years Teacher Classroom Management Training programme have positive effects for young children exhibiting severe externalizing problems in school?: A quasi-experimental pre-post study. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 16 (362).
- (2015) Kjønnsforskjeller i skolefaglige prestasjoner - forklaringer i elevenes holdninger til og væremåte i skolen, samt relasjonelle forhold. Paideia.
- (2015) Video feedback compared to treatment as usual in families with parent–child interactions problems: a randomized controlled trial. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health. vol. 9 (3).
- (2014) Comparing two evidence-based parent training interventions for aggressive children. Journal of Children's Services. vol. 9 (4).
- (2013) How are Closeness and Conflict in Student–Teacher Relationships Associated with Demographic Factors, School Functioning and Mental Health in Norwegian Schoolchildren Aged 6–13?. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. vol. 57 (2).
- (2013) Factor Structure of the Student-Teacher Relationship Scale for Norwegian School-age Children Explored with Confirmatory Factor Analysis. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. vol. 57 (5).
- (2013) Symptom changes of oppositional defiant disorder after treatment with the Incredible Years Program. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 67 (2).
- (2013) Association between parental involvement in school and child conduct, social, and internalizing problems: teacher report. Educational Research and Evaluation. vol. 19 (4).
- (2013) Associations between high levels of conduct problems and co-occurring problems among the youngest boys and girls in schools: A cross-sectional study. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 67 (4).
- (2012) Partnership between parents and caregivers of young children in full-time daycare. Child Care in Practice. vol. 18 (1).
- (2012) Relationships between young children in full-time day care and their caregivers: a qualitative study of parental and caregiver perspectives. Early Child Development and Care. vol. 182 (9).
- (2012) Teacher report of children's problem behavior on the Sutter-Eyberg Student Behavior Inventory-Revised (SESBI-R) in a Norwegian sample of preschool and school children. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. vol. 56 (2).
- (2012) Evidensbasert foreldretrening: Hvordan kan forskning bidra til at flere barn med atferdsvansker får bedre hjelp?. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. vol. 49 (2).
- (2012) International Epidemiology of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology II: Integration and Applications of Dimensional Findings From 44 Societies. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 51 (12).
- (2012) Age for enrolling in full-time childcare: a qualitative study of parent and caregiver perspectives. Early Child Development and Care. vol. 182 (12).