May Britt Postholm
Background and activities
May Britt Postholm, is professor of pedagogy and qualitative research method at the Department of Teacher Education, NTNU. She has a teacher education and 14 years of teaching experience from the lower secondary school. Postholm has published books and a number of articles dealing with teaching and learning, both nationally and internationally, and several method books dealing with qualitative methodologies. Postholm has taken several method courses at PhD level at Stanford University, California. She has method teaching at both master's and PhD level. Postholm is the leader of the LAB-TEd project funded by the Norwegian Research Council. The project usees Cultural Historical Acitivty Theory as the theoreticl framework. Postholm had used the methodology of formative intervention is several developmental research projects. Postholm led the group at NTNU, which coordinated the national initiative Youth Stages in Development towards all higher education institutions in Norway. Postholm actively participates in the decentralized competence development in schools in Norway.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Communication in Crises: How Dialogues Mediate Actions. Frontiers in Education. vol. 5 (154).
- (2020) Premises and Promises for Expansive Learning in Teacher Education. Frontiers in Education. vol. 5.
- (2020) The complementarity of formative intervention research, action research and action learning. Educational Research. vol. 62 (3).
- (2020) The importance of the start-up phase in school-based development for learning and enduring change. European Journal of Teacher Education.
- (2019) The School Leader’s Role in School-based Development. Educational Research. vol. 61 (4).
- (2019) The teacher educator’s role as enacted and experienced in school-based development. Teachers and Teaching: theory and practice. vol. 25 (3).
- (2018) En studie av skolebasert kompetanseutvikling i lokale kontekster. FoU i praksis. vol. 13 (1).
- (2018) Reflective thinking in educational settings: an approach to theory and research on reflection. Educational Research. vol. 60 (4).
- (2018) Teachers' professional development in school: A review study. Cogent Education. vol. 5 (1).
- (2017) Ti år med Tidsskriftet FoU i praksis: Fokus, funn og forskning. FoU i praksis. vol. 11 (1).
- (2016) Collaboration between teacher educators and schools to enhance development. European Journal of Teacher Education. vol. 39 (4).
- (2016) Experienced teachers reflecting on challenging situations in school. Creative Education. vol. 7 (9).
- (2016) Teachers’ learning in school-based development. Educational Research. vol. 58 (1).
- (2015) Classroom management in project work. Creative Education. vol. 6 (19).
- (2015) Methodologies in Cultural-Historical Activity Theory: The example of School-based Development. Educational Research. vol. 57 (1).
- (2015) Teachers’ and School Leaders’ Perceptions of Further Education and Learning in School. Creative Education. vol. 6 (23).
- (2014) Hvordan læreren som klasseleder kan fremme læring i prosjektarbeid. FoU i praksis. vol. 8 (2).
- (2013) Classroom management: What does research tell us?. European Educational Research Journal. vol. 12 (3).
- (2013) KLasseledelse i ungdomsskolen: fire læreres meninger og opplevelser. Norsk pedagogisk tidsskrift. vol. 97 (2).
- (2013) Videreutdanning i yrkesfaglige programfag: Læreres opplevelser av studiets betydning for egen læring og yrkesutøvelsen i skolen. FoU i praksis. vol. 7 (2).