Merete Berg Nesset
Background and activities
Research Nurse at Brøset Center for research and education in forensic psychiatry. PhD-candidate.
Research Nurse at St.OLavs University Hospital, div. of psychiatry, dept. of Brøset Center for research and education in forensic psychiatry.
Currently working with:
Education and training of health care workers and prison officers in cognitive behavior therapy and the Brøset anger management program.
Conducting a randomized controlled trial on the efficacy of the Brøset anger management program on men voluntarily seeking help for violent behavior towards their partners.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Cognitive behavioural group therapy for male perpetrators of intimate partner violence: a systematic review. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 19.
- (2017) Factors associated with police decisions on immediate responses to intimate partner violence. Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- (2017) The voices of Young Sexual offenders in Norway: A Qualitative study. Open Journal of Social Sciences. vol. 5.
- (2016) The effect of a brief educational programme added to mental health treatment to improve patient activation: A randomized controlled trial in community mental health centres. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 99 (5).
- (2015) Cognitive-Behavioral Group Treatment for Men Voluntarily Seeking Help for Violence Towards Their Intimate Partners: The Impact of Treatment Components 4-7 Years After Therapy. Open Journal of Nursing.
- (2011) Implementation of the Short Term Assessment of Risk and Treatability (START) in a Forensic High Secure Unit. International Journal of Forensic Mental Health. vol. 10 (1).
- (2011) Health care help seeking behaviour among prisoners in Norway. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 11 (301).
- (2014) Sinnemestring Brøset Fengselsprogrammet Programmanual. 2014. ISBN 97882998186-3-6.
- (2014) Sinnemestring Brøset fengselsprogrammet Arbeidsbok. 2014. ISBN 97882998186-4-3.