Background and activities
Ferroalloy-, silicon- and solar grade silicon- production
Merete Tangstad was educated at NTH in 1989 and was also awarded her PhD at this institution. She worked in Elkem and Eramet in the period of 1990-2004 with production of ferromanganese alloys. Since 2004 she has been a professor at NTNU and her main fields are ferralloy production, silicon production and solar grade silicon processes.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Characterization, mechanism of formation and thermodynamics of SiC-SiOx core-shell nanowires. Results in Materials.
- (2020) Kinetics of Slag Reduction in Silicomanganese Production. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B.
- (2020) SiC crystalline micro bullets on bio-carbon based charcoal substrate. Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 545 (125740).
- (2020) The effects of cristobalite formation on disintegration of quartz. Materials at High Temperature.
- (2020) Phase transformations in quartz used in silicon and ferrosilicon. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B.
- (2020) Wettability of cokes by Fe-Mn melt. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology.
- (2020) Reduction and Dissolution Behaviour of Manganese Slag in the Ferromanganese Process. Minerals. vol. 10(2) (97).
- (2020) Electrical Resistivity of Carbonaceous Bed Material at High Temperature. Processes. vol. 8.
- (2019) Effect of H2 on SiO and SiC formation. Építőanyag - Journal of Silicate Based and Composite Materials. vol. 71 (6).
- (2019) Characterization of a Si-SiO2 Mixture Generated from SiO(g) and CO(g). Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 50 (6).
- (2019) Thermal conductivity of titanium slags. Metallurgical Research and Technology. vol. 116 (6).
- (2019) The Use of Eutectic Fe-Si-B Alloy as a Phase Change Material in Thermal Energy Storage Systems. Materials. vol. 12 (14).
- (2019) High Temperature Interaction of Si-B Alloys with Graphite Crucible in Thermal Energy Storage Systems. Materials. vol. 13 (29).
- (2019) Phase Relations in Ferromanganese Production During Prereduction: South African Ores. Metallurgist (New York). vol. 62 (11-12).
- (2019) Reduction rates of MnO and SiO2 in SiMn slags between 1500 and 1650°C. The Southern African Journal of Mining and Metallurgy. vol. 119 (5).
- (2019) Energy Distribution in HC FeMn and SiMn - Energy vs Exergy Analyses. The Southern African Journal of Mining and Metallurgy. vol. 119 (12).
- (2019) Simulation of Electrical Current Paths in a MnFerroalloy Furnace. Aspects in Mining & Mineral Science (AMMS). vol. 4 (1).
- (2019) Quality of Wood and Charcoal from Eucalyptus Clones for Metallurgical Use. Floresta e Ambiente. vol. 26 (2).
- (2019) Reaction Rates of 2SiO2+SiC=3SiO+CO in Pellets at Elevated Temperatures. Aspects in Mining & Mineral Science (AMMS). vol. 3 (2).
- (2019) Dynamic Current and Power Distributions in a Submerged Arc Furnace. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.