Background and activities
Mette Langaas is a Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences. She is head of the Statistics Group. Professor Langaas has an MSc in Industrial Mathematics and a PhD in Statistics from NTNU.
She has since 2018 status as distinguished educator at NTNU (merittert underviser).
Recent Work Experience
- 2019-2020: Sabbatical at the Department of Mathematics, University of Oslo.
- 2016- Professor II at the Norwegian Computing Center, Big Insights.
- 2014-2015 Sabbatical at the Centre for the Genetics Origins of Health and Disease, University of Western Australia.
- 2014- Professor in Statistics at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, NTNU.
- 2010-2014 Associate Professor in Statistics at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, NTNU.
- 2009-2010 Associate Professor in Medical Statistics at the Department of Molecular Medicine and Cancer Research, NTNU.
- 2008-2009 Sabbatical at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute for Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia Bioinformatics Group headed by Professor Terry Speed.
- 2007-2008 Part time (20%) position as Assocate Professor II at Department of Mathematics, University of Oslo.
- 2004-2009 Associate Professor in Statistics at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, NTNU
- 2002-2003: Postdoc in Statistics at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, NTNU.
- 1996-2001: Research scientist at Statistical Analysis, Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis (SAMBA) group ab the Norwegian Computing Center.
- Royal Statistical Society
- Norwegian Statistical Association
Professor Langaas has supervised 7 PhD and Postdoc, 32 MSc and Diploma students.
Publications in Google scholar: https://scholar.google.no/citations?hl=no&user=DdgPJq0AAAAJ
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Mobile Sensing in Substance Use Research: A Scoping Review. Telemedicine journal and e-health.
- (2019) Circulating microRNAs as predictive biomarkers of myocardial infarction: Evidence from the HUNT study. Atherosclerosis. vol. 289.
- (2018) Powerful extreme phenotype sampling designs and score tests for genetic association studies. Statistics in Medicine. vol. 37 (28).
- (2017) Assessing gene-environment interaction effects of FTO, MC4R and lifestyle factors on obesity using an extreme phenotype sampling design: Results from the HUNT study. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (4).
- (2017) Læringsressurser i grunnutdanningen i matematikk - kvalitet, tilgjengelighet og differensiering. Læring om læring. vol. 1.
- (2017) Bruk av digitale øvinger i grunnutdanningen i matematikk. Læring om læring. vol. 1.
- (2017) Alternativ forelesningsstruktur i grunnutdanningen i matematikk. Læring om læring. vol. 1 (1).
- (2016) Intergenerational transmission of overweight and obesity from parents to their adolescent offspring - The HUNT study. PLOS ONE. vol. 11 (11).
- (2015) Plant defence responses in oilseed rape MINELESS plants after attack by the cabbage moth Mamestra brassicae. Journal of Experimental Botany. vol. 66 (2).
- (2015) Intergenerational transmission of overweight and obesity from parents to their adolescent offspring - a HUNT Study. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 25.
- (2014) Robust methods to detect disease-genotype association in genetic association studies: Calculate p-values using exact conditional enumeration instead of simulated permutations or asymptotic approximations. Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology. vol. 13 (6).
- (2014) Central obesity is associated with lower intake of whole-grain bread and less frequent breakfast and lunch: Results from the HUNT study, an adult all-population survey. Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism. vol. 39 (7).
- (2014) Functional Toll-like receptors in primary first-trimester trophoblasts. Journal of Reproductive Immunology. vol. 106.
- (2013) Identification of fidgety movements and prediction of CP by the use of computer-based video analysis is more accurate when based on two video recordings. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice. vol. 29 (6).
- (2013) Acetylsalicylic acid treatment until surgery reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. vol. 43 (6).
- (2013) Balanced caloric macronutrient composition downregulates immunological gene expression in human blood cells - adipose tissue responses diverges. Omics. vol. 17 (1).
- (2013) Variability in UDP-glucuronosyltransferase genes and morphine metabolism. Observations from a cross-sectional multicenter study in advanced cancer patients with pain. Pharmacogenetics & Genomics. vol. 23 (3).
- (2013) Differential Gene Expression at the Maternal-Fetal Interface in Preeclampsia Is Influenced by Gestational Age. PLOS ONE. vol. 8 (7).
- (2013) The duration of gastrin treatment affects global gene expression and molecular responses involved in ER stress and anti-apoptosis. BMC Genomics. vol. 14.
- (2013) Activation of endosomal Toll-like receptors in first trimester trophoblasts. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 3 (81).