Background and activities
Since 2003 Lindgren is Professor in Physics at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Applied Optics group/Biophysics group). The current research at NTNU is focused on laser based spectroscopy, time-resolved optical spectroscopies and related spectroscopic imaging techniques. Development of spectroscopic and imaging techniques are applied in biomedical applications and to elucidate biophysical processes. Spectroscopy is used to understand biomolecular and hybrid organic-inorganic nanomaterial systems.
Fields of speciality
Optical spectroscopy; Nonlinear optics and laser based sensing; FLIM, Spectroscopic imaging; Optical Engineering; Molecular spectroscopic probes in life sciences; Optical Sensor Systems; Materials: hybrid organic-inorganic materials; triplet state characterization; Biophotonics: amyloid structures, protein foldning, molecular systems and photo-dynamic therapy...
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Fluorescent Nanocomposites: Hollow Silica Microspheres with Embedded Carbon Dots. ChemPlusChem. vol. 86.
- (2020) Tyrosine Side-Chain Functionalities at Distinct Positions Determine the Chirooptical Properties and Supramolecular Structures of Pentameric Oligothiophenes. ChemistryOpen. vol. 9 (11).
- (2020) Structural, photophysical, and photobiological studies on BODIPY‐anthracene dyads. ChemPhotoChem.
- (2020) Influence of Polymer Charge on the Localization and Dark- and Photo-Induced Toxicity of a Potential Type I Photosensitizer in Cancer Cell Models. Molecules. vol. 25 (5).
- (2020) Deciphering the Electronic Transitions of Thiophene-Based Donor-Acceptor-Donor Pentameric Ligands Utilized for Multimodal Fluorescence Microscopy of Protein Aggregates. ChemPhysChem. vol. 21.
- (2020) Insulin amyloid polymorphs: implications for iatrogenic cytotoxicity†. RSC Advances. vol. 10.
- (2019) An Optical Power Limiting and Ultrafast Photophysics Investigation of a Series of Multi-Branched Heavy Atom Substituted Fluorene Molecules. Inorganics. vol. 7 (10).
- (2019) Phenolic bis-styrylbenzo[c]-1,2,5-thiadiazoles as probes for fluorescence microscopy mapping of Aβ plaque heterogeneity. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. vol. 62 (4).
- (2018) Synthesis and characterization of novel fluoro-glycosylated porphyrins that can be utilized as theranostic agents. ChemistryOpen. vol. 7 (7).
- (2018) How to assess good candidate molecules for self-activated optical power limiting. Optical Engineering: The Journal of SPIE. vol. 57 (3).
- (2018) Two-photon fluorescence and magnetic resonance specific imaging of Aβ amyloid using hybrid nano-GdF3 contrast media. ACS Applied Bio Materials (AABM). vol. 1 (2).
- (2018) Detection and Imaging of Aβ1‐42 and Tau Fibrils by Redesigned Fluorescent X‐34 Analogues. Chemistry - A European Journal. vol. 24 (28).
- (2018) Intramolecular Proton and Charge Transfer of Pyrene-based trans-Stilbene Salicylic Acids Applied to Detection of Aggregated Proteins. ChemPhysChem. vol. 19 (22).
- (2017) Synthesis and biological evaluation of a Platinum(II)-c(RGDyK) conjugate for integrin-targeted photodynamic therapy. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. vol. 141.
- (2017) Efficient reverse saturable absorption of sol-gel hybrid plasmonic glasses. Optical materials (Amsterdam). vol. 69.
- (2017) trans-Stilbenoids with Extended Fluorescence Lifetimes for the Characterization of Amyloid Fibrils. ACS Omega. vol. 2 (8).
- (2016) White light emitting silicon nano-crystals-polymeric hybrid films prepared by single batch solution based method. Thin Solid Films. vol. 603.
- (2016) Ruthenium porphyrin-induced photodamage in bladder cancer cells. Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy. vol. 14.
- (2016) Long Distance Enhancement of Nonlinear Optical Properties Using Low Concentration of Plasmonic Nanostructures in Dye Doped Monolithic Sol–Gel Materials. Advanced Functional Materials. vol. 26 (33).
- (2016) Nanoscale Structure and Spectroscopic Probing of Aβ1-40 Fibril Bundle Formation. Frontiers in Chemistry. vol. 4.