Morten Ivar Kolstø
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) How does water near clay mineral surfaces influence the rock physics of shales?. Geophysical Prospecting. vol. 65 (6).
- (2011) Stress-induced versus lithological anisotropy in compacted claystones and soft shales. The Leading Edge. vol. 30 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2012) Water in Clay and Shale - Molecular Scale and Rock Physics Modelling vs. Experiments. 74th EAGE Conference & Exhibition incorporating SPE EUROPEC 2012.
- (2011) Effects of stress and strain on wave velocities in compacted sand-kaolinite and kaolinite-smectite. 73rd EAGE Conference & Exhibition Incorporating SPE EUROPEC 2011.
- (2010) Mechanical and acoustical properties of sand - clay mixtures under stress. 44th US Rock Mechanics Symposium Proceedings.
- (2009) Use of Compacted Claystone to Understand Insitu Stress Sensitivity of Overburden Shales. 71st EAGE Conference & Exhibition Amsterdam 2009.
- (2013) Water in shale: Molecular modeling and Rock Physics Experiments. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2013. ISBN 978-82-471-4219-6. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2013:61).