Background and activities
I am Professor 2 at the institute, and employed in Equinor.
My competence area covers steel for onshore and offshore applications in the energy sector (oil, gas and renewables). My core competence is within materials charcterization, an din particular the use on EBSD in SEM.
I teach the course TMT4242 Steel Offshore.
In 2009 I was the winner of the Cook/Ablett Award for published work of particular merit in the field of metals for the article “SEM/EBSD based in-situ studies of deformation-induced phase transformations in supermartensitic stainless steels”. The article was published in Materials Science and Technology 2008 vol. 24 no. 1.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) EBSD characterization of the microstructure evolution in (σ, χ)-containing SDSS subjected to long term heating. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 4.
- (2018) Microstructure Evolution in Super Duplex Stainless Steels Containing σ-Phase Investigated at Low-Temperature Using In Situ SEM/EBSD Tensile Testing. Metals. vol. 8 (7).
- (2016) The Effect of Sample Preparation on Quantification of Retained Austenite in Supermartensitic Stainless Steel Studied by EBSD and XRD. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings.
- (2015) Metallurgical reactions in welding of clad X60/X65 pipelines. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2015-January.
- (2014) Cleavage fracture initiation at M-A constituents in intercritically coarse grained heat affected zone of a HSLA steel. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A. vol. 45 (1).
- (2013) Application of combined EBSD and 3D-SEM technique on crystallographic facet analysis of steel at low temperature. Journal of Microscopy. vol. 251 (1).
- (2012) Investigation of the mechanism of cleavage fracture initiation in the intercritically coarse grained heat affected zone of a HSLA steel. Materials Science and Technology.
- (2009) Backscatter electron imaging and electron backscatter diffraction characterization of LaCoO3 during in situ compression. Journal of The American Ceramic Society. vol. 92 (3).
- (2009) Scanning electron microscopy/electron backscatter diffraction-based observations of martensite variant selection and slip plane activity in supermartensitic stainless steels during plastic deformation at elevated, ambient, and subzero temperatures. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A. vol. 40A (2).
- (2008) Microstructure evolution in magnesium alloy AZ31 during cyclic extrusion compression. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 462.
- (2008) Network-shaped fine-grained microstructure and high ductility of magnesium alloy fabricated by cyclic extrusion compression. Scripta Materialia. vol. 58.
- (2008) SEM/EBSD based in situ studies of deformation induced phase transformations in supermartensitic stainless steels. Materials Science and Technology. vol. 24.
Part of book/report
- (2015) Characterization of Non-metallic Inclusions in Ferritic Weld Metals for Arctic Applications. Proceedings of the twenty-fifth International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference - ISOPE 2015.
- (2015) EBSD Quantification of Retained Austenite in 9% Ni Steel Related to Thermal Treatments. Proceedings of the twenty-fifth International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference - ISOPE 2015.
- (2014) Martensite Formation in Austenite Related to Deformation Twins in Adjacent Ferrite Grains in Duplex Stainless Steel. IMC 18 International Microscopy Congress 2014 Proceedings.
- (2012) Phase Transformation Study of Artic Steels by EBSD during In Situ Heating and Gas Quenching. Proceedings of the Twenty-second (2012) International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference.
- (2012) Determination of Crystallographic facet orientations on fracture surfaces of an Arctic steel by using EBSD. Proceedings of the Twenty-second (2012) International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference.
- (2011) EBSD Characterization of Arctic Steel during in situ Heating. Proceedings of the Twenty-First (2011) International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference.
- (2011) In situ EBSD Investigation of Arctic Steel at Sub-zero Temperatures. Proceedings of the Twenty-First (2011) International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference.
- (2010) EBSD Measurements Combined with Optical Microscopy to Quantify Complex Microstructures in Steels. IMC17 International Microscopy Congress 2010 Proceedings.