Hans Martin Thomassen
Background and activities
Background and research interests
Martin Thomassen holds a BA in International Development and Social Change from the Department of Geography, Clark University, Mass. (1983), a Cand.Pol. in Social Anthropology from the University of Oslo (1992) and a Ph.D in Social Anthropology from NTNU (2008).
He served as head of Department between 2009-2013.
He was recently engaged in two externally financed research projects:
He is currently engaged in one externally financed research project:
- SANT2900 - Bachelor Essay - Social Anthropology
- SANT3600 - Cultural Understanding and International Working Relations
- SANT1019 - Human, Technology and Dialogue
- SANT1021 - Key Concepts in Social Anthropology
- SANT1020 - History of Anthropology
- SANT3910 - Master's Thesis - Globalisation and Sustainable Development
- SANT3020 - Theoretical Perspectives
- SANT3508 - Globalisation Theory and Culture
- SANT3012 - Internship
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2008) Tilpasning, balanse og brikolage. Møtet mellom økologisk og konvensjonelt jordbruk i en nord-norsk bygd. 2008. ISBN 978-82-471-1242-7.