Background and activities
My research is aimed at increasing our fundamental understanding of different fluid flows in order to better predict and control them. Currently I have a focus on thermoacoustic instabilities in gas turbine combustors, the small-scale structure of high Reynolds number turbulence, and the development of new experimental methods.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A laser sheet self-calibration method for scanning PIV. Experiments in Fluids. vol. 58 (10).
- (2017) Effect of equivalence ratio on the modal dynamics of azimuthal combustion instabilities. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute. vol. 36 (3).
- (2017) Azimuthally forced flames in an annular combustor. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute. vol. 36 (3).
- (2016) Experimental and Numerical Investigation into the Propagation of Entropy Waves. AIAA Journal.
- (2015) Sensitivity of LES-based harmonic flame response model for turbulent swirled flames and impact on the stability of azimuthal modes. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute. vol. 35 (3).
- (2015) The effect of baffles on self-excited azimuthal modes in an annular combustor. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute. vol. 35 (3).
- (2014) Flame dynamics and unsteady heat release rate of self-excited azimuthal modes in an annular combustor. Combustion and Flame. vol. 161 (10).
- (2013) Modal dynamics of self-excited azimuthal instabilities in an annular combustion chamber. Combustion and Flame. vol. 160 (11).
- (2013) Self-excited circumferential instabilities in a model annular gas turbine combustor: global flame dynamics. Symposium, International, on combustion. vol. 34 (2).
- (2013) Tomographic reconstruction of OH* chemiluminescence in two interacting turbulent flames. Measurement science and technology. vol. 24 (2).
- (2012) The formation of vortex rings in a strongly forced round jet. Experiments in Fluids. vol. 52 (3).
- (2012) Cinematographic OH-PLIF measurements of two interacting turbulent premixed flames with and without acoustic forcing. Combustion and Flame. vol. 159 (3).
- (2011) Some characteristics of thin shear layers in homogeneous turbulent flow. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. vol. 369 (1937).
- (2011) Time-resolved volumetric measurement of fine-scale coherent structures in turbulence. Physical Review E. Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics. vol. 84 (2).
- (2010) A tomographic PIV resolution study based on homogeneous isotropic turbulence DNS data. Experiments in Fluids. vol. 49 (3).
- (2008) Acceleration of Tomo-PIV by estimating the initial volume intensity distribution. Experiments in Fluids. vol. 45 (5).