Background and activities
Nils Kalstad (1978) is Head of Department at the Department of Information Security and Communication Technology and coordinates the activity in Center for Cyber and Information Security. Kalstad holds an M.Sc. in Industrial Mathematics from the Department of Mathematical Sciences (NTNU), and a Ph.D. in Information Security from the Department of Computer Science at the University of Oslo.
See Norwegian page for more information.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Critical Information Infrastructures Security 7th International Workshop, CRITIS 2012, Lillehammer, Norway, September 17-18, 2012. Springer. 2013. ISBN 978-3-642-41484-8. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (.).
- (2013) Analysis of Norway's Cyber and Information Security Strategy. Proceeding of Norwegian Information Security Conference / Norsk informasjonssikkerhetskonferanse - NISK 2013 - Stavanger, 18th-20th November 2013.
- (2012) The Security and Memorability of Passwords Generated by Using an Association Element and a Personal Factor. Information Security Technology for Applications. 16th Nordic Conference on Secure IT Systems, NordSec 2011 Tallinn, Estonia, October 26-28, 2011,Revised Selected Papers.
- (2012) Cracking Associative Passwords. Secure IT Systems: 17th Nordic Conference, NordSec 2012, Karlskrona, Sweden, October 31 – November 2, 2012. Proceedings.
- (2012) Modelling Approaches. Critical Infrastructure Protection: Information Infrastructure Models, Analysis, and Defense.
- (2010) Interactive Visualization of Interdependencies and Vulnerabilities in Constrained Environments. Critical Infrastructure Protection IV.
- (2009) Integrating Information Assurance into System Administration. Proceedings of the 2009 Information Security South Africa Conference (ISSA 2009).
- (2009) Modeling And Detecting Anomalies In Scada Systems. Critical Infrastructure Protection II.
- (2009) Using Physical Models for Anomaly Detection in Control Systems. Critical Infrastructure Protection III: Third IFIP WG 11.10 International Conference, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA, March 23-25, 2009.
- (2008) A Framework for 3D Geospatial Buffering of Events of Interest in Critical Infrastructures. Critical Information Infrastructure Security: : Second International Workshop, CRITIS 2007, Málaga, Spain, October 3 - 5, 2007: Revised papers.
- (2008) A Framework for Modeling Local, Physical, and Geographic Dependencies Between Critical Infrastructures. Energy Security in Europe: Proceedings from the conference "Engergy Security in Europe": Lund 24-25 September 2007.
- (2008) An Analysis of Cyclical Interdependencies in Critical Infrastructure. Critical Information Infrastructure Security: : Second International Workshop, CRITIS 2007, Málaga, Spain, October 3 - 5, 2007: Revised papers.
- (2008) Multigraph Dependency Models for Heterogeneous Infrastructures. Critical Infrastructure Protection.
- (2008) Interdependencies in Critical Infrastructures: A Qualitative Appraoach to Model Physical, Logical, and Geographical Interdependencies. Unipub forlag. 2008.
- (2007) Connectivity Models of Interdependency in Mixed-Type Critical Infrastructure Networks. Information Security Technical Report. vol. 12 (1).
- (2007) Graph Models of Critical Infrastructure Interdependencies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 4543.
- (2007) Analysis and Statistical Properties of Critical Infrastructure Interdependency Multiflow Models. Proceedings from the Eight Annual IEEE SMC Information Assurance Workshop.