Background and activities
I am now professor emeritus at NTNU after serving as professor II for twenty years (1993–2013). My primary affiliation is still the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO).
For more details, including CV, see my homepage at PRIO: www.prio.no/staff/npg.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Replication in International Relations. International Studies Perspectives. vol. 17 (4).
- (2016) Are Muslim countries more prone to violence?. Research & Politics.
- (2014) Demand, supply, and restraint: Determinants of domestic water conflict and cooperation. Global Environmental Change. vol. 29.
- (2014) One effect to rule them all? A comment on climate and conflict. Climatic Change. vol. 127 (3-4).
- (2014) Against all odds: 2013 Richardson Award to Mats Hammarström and Peter Wallensteen. Peace Economics, Peace Science and Public Policy. vol. 20 (2).
- (2014) Overvåking under kontroll?. Nytt Norsk Tidsskrift.
- (2014) Peace research - Just the study of war?. Journal of Peace Research. vol. 51 (2).
- (2014) Conflicting messages? The IPCC on conflict and human security. Political Geography. vol. 43.
- (2013) The Decline of War - The Main Issues. International Studies Review. vol. 15 (3).
- (2013) The forum: the decline of war. International Studies Review. vol. 15 (3).
- (2013) The waning of war is real: a response to Gohdes and Price. Journal of Conflict Resolution. vol. 57 (6).
- (2013) Is climate change a driver of armed conflict?. Climatic Change. vol. 117 (3).
- (2013) Gender gap or gender bias in peace research? Publication patterns and citation rates for Journal of Peace Research, 1983-2008. International Studies Perspectives. vol. 14 (4).
- (2012) Water-Related Intrastate Conflict and Cooperation (WARICC): A New Event Dataset. International Interactions. vol. 38 (4).
- (2012) International Borders and Conflict Revisited. Conflict Management and Peace Science. vol. 29 (2).
- (2012) En fredsgevinst for Norge - eller fortsatt opprustning?. Samfunnsøkonomen.
- (2012) Climate Change and Conflict, special issue. Journal of Peace Research. vol. 49 (1).
- (2012) Open Access in International Relations: A symposium. International Studies Perspectives. vol. 13 (3).
- (2012) Whither the weather? Climate change and conflict. Journal of Peace Research. vol. 49 (1).
- (2011) Forecasting in International Relations: One Quest, Three Approaches. Conflict Management and Peace Science. vol. 28 (1).