Background and activities
Olav Bolland is Dean of the Faculty of Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology – NTNU.
Professor of Thermal Power Engineering
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Analysis of Combined Cycle Power Plants with Chemical Looping Reforming of Natural Gas and Pre-Combustion CO2 Capture. Energies. vol. 11 (1).
- (2017) Applicability and validation of use of equilibrium-based absorber models with reduced stage efficiency for dynamic simulation of post-combustion CO2 capture processes. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Prospects of using equilibrium-based column models in dynamic process simulation of post-combustion CO2 capture for coal-fired power plant. Fuel. vol. 202.
- (2017) Selection and design of post-combustion CO2 capture process for 600 MW natural gas fueled thermal power plant based on operability. Energy. vol. 121.
- (2017) Dynamic Process Model Development and Validation with Transient Plant Data Collected from an MEA Test Campaign at the CO2 Technology Center Mongstad. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Full Plant Scale Analysis of Natural Gas Fired Power Plants with Pre-Combustion CO2 Capture and Chemical Looping Reforming (CLR). Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) ECCSEL - International Laboratory Infrastructure for CCS Research, Education and Innovation. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Flexible Operation of an IGCC Plant Coproducing Power and H2 with CO2 Capture through Novel PSA-based Process Configurations. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Overview on Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) as CO2 Capture Technology: State-of-the-Art, Limits and Potentials. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2016) A systematic approach to the modeling and simulation of a Sorption Enhanced Water Gas Shift (SEWGS) process for CO2 capture. Separation and Purification Technology. vol. 157.
- (2016) Determining the Potentials of PSA Processes for CO2 Capture in Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC). Energy Procedia. vol. 86.
- (2016) Pressure swing adsorption for coproduction of power and ultrapure H2 in an IGCC plant with CO2 capture. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 41 (25).
- (2015) Load-following performance of IGCC with integrated CO<sub>2</sub> capture using SEWGS pre-combustion technology. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 35.
- (2015) Comprehensive analysis on the performance of an IGCC plant with a PSA process integrated for CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 43.
- (2015) Evaluating Pressure Swing Adsorption as a CO2 separation technique in coal-fired power plants. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 39.
- (2014) Operability of Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle Power Plant with SEWGS Technology for Pre-combustion CO2 Capture. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2014) A CO2 Capture Technology Using Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes with Polyaspartamide Surfactant. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2014) Weight and power optimization of steam bottoming cycle for offshore oil and gas installations. Energy. vol. 76.
- (2014) Assessment of mass transfer correlations in rate-based modeling of a large-scale CO2 capture with MEA. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 26.
- (2014) Simulation of Post-combustion CO2 Capture System Using New Effective Interfacial Area Correlation. Energy Procedia. vol. 51.