Odrun Arna Gederaas
Background and activities
Activities in Photodynamic Therapy (PDT):
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Influence of Polymer Charge on the Localization and Dark- and Photo-Induced Toxicity of a Potential Type I Photosensitizer in Cancer Cell Models. Molecules. vol. 25 (1127).
- (2019) In vitro and in vivo effects of HAL on porphyrin production in rat bladder cancer cells (AY27). Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines. vol. 23.
- (2019) Methadone enhances the effectiveness of 5‐aminolevulinic acid‐based photodynamic therapy for squamous cell carcinoma and glioblastoma in vitro. Journal of Biophotonics. vol. 12:201800468 (10).
- (2018) Photochemical internalization of peptide antigens provides a novel strategy to realize therapeutic cancer vaccination. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 9:650.
- (2018) Comparison Between 8-Methoxypsoralen and 5-Aminolevulinic Acid in Killing T Cells of Photopheresis Patients Ex Vivo. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. vol. 50 (5).
- (2018) "Two hits - one stone" increased efficacy of cisplatin-based therapies by targeting PCNA's role in both DNA repair and cellular signaling. OncoTarget. vol. 9 (65).
- (2017) Synthesis and biological evaluation of a Platinum(II)-c(RGDyK) conjugate for integrin-targeted photodynamic therapy. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. vol. 141.
- (2017) Photochemical internalization in bladder cancer-development of an orthotopic in vivo model. Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences. vol. 16 (11).
- (2016) Gold Tris(carboxyphenyl)corroles as Multifunctional Materials: Room Temperature Near-IR Phosphorescence and Applications to Photodynamic Therapy and Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. vol. 8 (29).
- (2016) Ruthenium porphyrin-induced photodamage in bladder cancer cells. Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy. vol. 14.
- (2016) Photodynamic treatment with hexyl-aminolevulinate mediates reversible thiol oxidation in core oxidative stress signaling proteins. Molecular Biosystems.
- (2015) Studies of the photosensitizer disulfonated meso-tetraphenyl chlorin in an orthotopic rat bladder tumor model. Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy. vol. 12 (1).
- (2015) Photochemical internalization of bleomycin and temozolomide – in vitro studies on the glioma cell line F98. Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences. vol. 14 (7).
- (2014) Can dogs smell lung cancer? First study using exhaled breath and urine screening in unselected patients with suspected lung cancer. Acta Oncologica. vol. 53 (3).
- (2014) Enhanced efficacy of bleomycin in bladder cancer cells by photochemical internalization. BioMed Research International. vol. 14 (74).
- (2014) Increased anticancer efficacy of intravesical mitomycin C therapy when combined with a PCNA targeting peptide. Translational Oncology. vol. 7 (6).
- (2014) Red versus blue light illumination in hexyl 5-aminolevulinate photodynamic therapy: the influence of light color and irradiance on the treatment outcome in vitro. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 19:088002 (8).
- (2013) Homology Modeling of Human <gamma>-Butyric Acid Transporters and the Binding of Pro-drugs 5-Aminolevulinic Acid and Methyl Aminolevulinic Acid used in Photodynamic Therapy. PLOS ONE. vol. 8 (6).
- (2011) Tissue responses to hexyl 5-aminolevulinate-induced photodynamic treatment in syngeneic orthotopic rat bladder cancer model: possible pathways of action. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 16 (2).
- (2011) Photodynamic therapy with hexyl aminolevulinate induces carbonylation, posttranslational modifications and changed expression of proteins in cell survival and cell death pathways. Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences. vol. 10 (7).