Background and activities
Trained in anestesiology and clinical pharmacology. Worked at St Olavs Hospitla and Faculty of Medicine, NTNU, Trondheim since 1978. had four research sabbaticals abroad
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Development and course of chronic pain over 4 years in the general population: The HUNT pain study. European Journal of Pain. vol. 22 (9).
- (2018) Pharmacokinetics and -dynamics of intramuscular and intranasal naloxone: an explorative study in healthy volunteers. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology.
- (2018) Pharmacodynamics and arteriovenous difference of intravenous naloxone in healthy volunteers exposed to remifentanil. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology.
- (2017) International patent applications for non-injectable naloxone for opioid overdose reversal: Exploratory search and retrieve analysis of the PatentScope database. Drug and Alcohol Review. vol. 37 (2).
- (2017) Opioid education programs and nasal naloxone rescue kits in Europe. Toxicology Letters. vol. 280.
- (2017) Pharmacokinetics of a new, nasal formulation of naloxone. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. vol. 73 (5).
- (2016) Ethical issues and stakeholders matter. Addiction. vol. 111 (4).
- (2016) The rare Arg181Cys mutation in the μ opioid receptor can abolish opioid responses. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 60 (8).
- (2015) Innate immune signalling genetics of pain, cognitive dysfunction and sickness symptoms in cancer pain patients treated with transdermal fentanyl. PLoS ONE. vol. 10:0137179 (9).
- (2015) Prevalence of use of non-prescription analgesics in the Norwegian HUNT3 population: Impact of gender, age, exercise and prescription of opioids. BMC Public Health. vol. 15.
- (2015) Consumption of and satisfaction with health care among opioid users with chronic non-malignant pain. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 59 (10).
- (2015) Renal function and symptoms/adverse effects in opioid-treated patients with cancer. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 59 (8).
- (2015) Biotilgjenglighet og effekt av nalokson som nesespray sammenliknet med intramuskulær injeksjon. NAForum. vol. 28 (3).
- (2014) Genetic, pathological and physiological determinants of transdermal fentanyl pharmacokinetics in 620 cancer patients of the EPOS study. Pharmacogenetics & Genomics. vol. 24 (4).
- (2014) Concentrations of remifentanil, propofol, fentanyl, and midazolam during rewarming from therapeutic hypothermia. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 58 (6).
- (2014) Chronic pain and use of opioids: A population-based pharmacoepidemiological study from the Norwegian Prescription Database and the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Pain. vol. 155 (7).
- (2014) A pilot study of nasal fentanyl for patient controlled treatment of cancer pain. Journal of Opioid Management. vol. 10 (1).
- (2014) Biotilgjenglighet av nalokson som nesespray- grunnlaget for fremtidig prehospital bruk. NAForum. vol. 27 (3).
- (2013) Effects of hypothermia on the disposition of morphine, midazolam, fentanyl, and propofol in intensive care unit patients. Drug Metabolism And Disposition. vol. 41 (1).
- (2013) Variability in UDP-glucuronosyltransferase genes and morphine metabolism. Observations from a cross-sectional multicenter study in advanced cancer patients with pain. Pharmacogenetics & Genomics. vol. 23 (3).