Background and activities
My research interests are focused on wellbeing and social sustainability leaving no one behind. I have a particular focus on citizenship, recovery in mental health, social inclusion, mattering and social justice. I am also interested in co-creation and relational welfare as approaches to support wellbeing for all as a public value and mission for societal development by focusing on democratic innovation, co-created governance and transformation of economic systems, such as wellbeing economy. I have also an interest in family and relational therapies. I use mixed methodologies and participatory and action research methods and people-powered resarch based social change for the common good.
- Leader of WellFare: Nordic Research Center for Wellbeing and Social Sustainability
- Member of the Research Group Counselling Sciences
Editor-in-Chief – Journal
I supervise on topics related to my research interests on Master- and PhD-level.
- PD6011 - Services for All
- RAD6052 - Strength-based learning communities - Leadership and organizational development
- VLR3008 - Research Methods
- PED8013 - Social Construction: Theory and Practice without paper
- PED8017 - Autoethnography: Theory and practice
- PED8012 - Social Construction: Theory and Practice with paper
- PED8018 - Autoethnography: Theory and practice with paper
- RAD3040 - Relational welfare and well-being
- PED6043 - Health and Well-Being in School
- RAD3031 - Counselling Theories and Methods with a Practical Outlook
- PED8016 - Action Research: co-created knowledge promoting change in lives and societies
- RAD6051 - Strength-Based Communities of Learning Theories and Practices
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) In what ways do emerging adults with substance use problems experience their communities as influencing their personal recovery processes?. Journal of Community Psychology. vol. 50.
- (2022) From public health to public good: Toward universal wellbeing. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2022) Picturing healthcare: a photovoice study of how healthcare is experienced by service users in a mental-health low threshold service. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 22 (1).
- (2022) Collaboration and Politics: Can a Therapist Work Coherently while Informed by Both Collaborative-Dialogic and Narrative Practices?. European Journal of Psychotherapy & Councelling.
- (2022) Critical discussion on dialogic engagement and various researcher positions in research concerning co-creation and co-production. Akademisk Kvarter. vol. 24.
- (2022) Å bli familieterapeut: En kvalitativ studie av videoveiledning i familieterapiutdanning. UNIPED. vol. 45 (3).
- (2021) Development of salutogenic coping skills: experiences with daily challenges among young adults suffering from serious mental illness. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 16 (1).
- (2021) Immigrants’ experiences on integration while attempting to access the labour market: Implications for social work practice. Social Sciences. vol. 10 (4).
- (2021) “A mismatch between what is happening on the inside and going on, on the outside”: a qualitative study of therapists’ perspectives on student mental health. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 15:87.
- (2021) Inner and Outer Voices in Research: How Dialogical Approaches Can Enhance Knowledge Development in Mental Health Care. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy. vol. 42 (2).
- (2021) Part II: Living Life: A Meta-Synthesis Exploring Recovery as Processual Experiences. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). vol. 18 (11).
- (2021) Co-Production and Co-Creation: Critical Examination of Contemporary Dominant Participatory Discourses. Akademisk Kvarter. vol. 23 (1).
- (2021) “The troublesome other and I”: Parallel stories of separated parents in prolonged conflicts. Journal of Marital & Family Therapy. vol. 47 (1).
- (2021) "It is not just about doing or saying the right things": Working systemically with parents whose children are placed in public care. Journal of Family Therapy. vol. 43 (3).
- (2021) Peer support workers in co-production and co-creation in public mental health and addiction services: Protocol for a scoping review. PLOS ONE. vol. 16 (3).
- (2020) Relational recovery in co-occurring conditions: a qualitative study of first-person experiences. Advances in Dual Diagnosis: Policy, practice and research in mental health and substance use. vol. 13 (2).
- (2020) Den psykopolitiske, den kønspolitiske og den radikale - diskussioner af menneskesyn og etiske perspektiver i tre dominerende forestillinger om god praksis på psykisk sundhedsområdet. Dansk pædagogisk tidsskrift.
- (2020) Relational welfare: a socially just response to co-creating health and wellbeing for all. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2020) Making Come-Alive and Keeping Un-Alive: How People Relate to Self-Guided Web-Based Health Interventions. Qualitative Health Research. vol. 30 (6).
- (2020) «Jeg får et helt annet innblikk»: Fagpersoners erfaringer med familieorientert praksis i rusfeltet. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. vol. 37 (3).
- Social sciences
- Action research
- Theory of Science
- Family therapy
- Qualitative methodologies
- Mental Health
- Substance abuse
- Innovation in public management
- Offentlige tjenester
- User involved research
- Relational Welfare
- Social justice
- Sosialt arbeid