Background and activities
have been employed at NTH/Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) from 1980 to 2011 as Professor at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering. Since 2011 as professor emeritus.
Areas of speciality
- Materials science
- Coin manufacture in the Medieval times
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A Metallurgical Investigation of the formation of Silver Beads during Cupellation of a 925 0/00 Silver Alloy. Skrifter. vol. 4.
- (2021) From Calves' Sculls to finished Bone-Ash Cupels and testing of Precious Meetals. An Investigation of the cupellation in the Mint in the Archbishop's Palace, Trondheim, in medieval times. Skrifter. vol. 4.
- (2021) A Catalogue of Bone-Ash Cupels dating from AD 1500-1537 found in the Archbishop's Palace, Trondheim, during Archaeological Excavations in 1991-1995. Skrifter. vol. 4.
- (2017) Energy absorption characteristics of ductile alsi4mgmn and alsi9mgmn die-castings investigated by shear bolt testing. International Journal of metalcasting. vol. 11 (2).
- (2016) Effects of heat treatment on the microstructure and mechanical properties of ductile AlSi9MgMn die castings. International Journal of metalcasting. vol. 10 (4).
- (2015) Heat transfer to the die wall during high pressure die casting of two aluminium alloys, Part 1. International Journal of metalcasting. vol. 9 (2).
- (2015) Late Medieval bone-ash cupels from the archbishop`s mint in Trondheim. Fornvännen.
- (2014) Dislocation formation in seeds for quasi-monocrystalline silicon for solar cells. Acta Materialia. vol. 67.
- (2012) High temperature annealing of bent multicrystalline silicon rods. Acta Materialia. vol. 60 (19).
- (2012) La0.2Sr0.8Fe0.8Ta0.2O3 (-) (delta) based thin film membranes with surface modification for oxygen production. Solid State Ionics. vol. 225.
- (2012) New advances in metallurgical solar grade silicon based on recent Norwegian research activities. Physica Status Solidi. C, Current topics in solid state physics. vol. 9 (10-11).
- (2011) TEM Characterization of near Sub-Grain Boundary Dislocations in Directionally Solidified Multicrystalline Silicon. Solid State Phenomena. vol. 178-179.
- (2011) The microstructure of dislocation clusters in industrial directionally solidified multicrystalline silicon. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 110 (6).
- (2011) Growth of dislocation clusters during directional solidification of multicrystalline silicon ingots. Acta Materialia. vol. 59 (20).
- (2010) The mint in the Nidaros archbishop's palace : coin production under archbishop Gaute Ivarsson (1475-1510). Skrifter.
- (2008) Effect of solution heat treatments on the microstructure and mechanical properties of a die-cast AlSi7MgMn alloy. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A. vol. 39A.
- (2007) Spatially resolved modeling of the combined effect of dislocations and grain boundaries on minority carrier lifetime in multicrystalline silicon. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 101.
- (2005) Analysis of the effect of Si content on the creep response of an Mg-5Al-Mn alloy. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 410.
- (2005) The heat transfer during filling of a high-pressure die-casting shot sleeve. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 413-414.
- (2005) Effects of grain refiner additions on the grain structures in HPDC A356 castings. International Journal of Cast Metals Research. vol. 18 (2).