Background and activities
Øyvind’s research focuses on commercialization and adaption of new technologies, especially within complex settings such as sustainable energy technologies. The research draws from established theories within entrepreneurship, marketing and innovation strategy.
Øyvind teaches graduate courses in marketing management, and supervises master students within marketing, innovation and strategy connected to commercialization or adaption of new technologies. He also teaches within technology management, innovation and international marketing in executive educational programs.
- Head of the research group Strategy and Business Development at the Department for Industrial Economics and Technology Management
- Director of the executive program Master of Technology Management (MTM)
- MTS-MO1 - MTM Master's Thesis
- IØ6016 - International Business Development
- IØ6901 - Organization and Leadership, Master's Thesis
- TIØ4912 - Strategy and International Business Development, Master's Thesis
- TIØ4165 - Marketing Management for Technology Firms
- MTS6510 - Strategy, Organisational- and Leadership Theory, Financial Analysis and Management Accounting
- MTS6520 - Technology Management Project
- MTS6516 - Change, Innovation and Globalization
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Norwegian ship-owners' adoption of alternative fuels. Energy Policy. vol. 163.
- (2021) Sustainability transitions in coastal shipping: The role of regime segmentation. Transportation Research Interdisciplinary Perspectives (TRIP). vol. 12.
- (2021) Sustainability among Norwegian maritime firms: Green strategy and innovation as mediators of long‐term orientation and emission reduction. Business Strategy and the Environment (BSE). vol. 30 (5).
- (2020) Implementing maritime battery-electric and hydrogen solutions: A technological innovation systems analysis. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 87.
- (2020) Low Power, High Ambitions: New Ventures Developing Their First Supply Chains. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management.
- (2017) Configuration of supply chains in emerging industries: a multiple-case study in the wave-and-tidal energy industry. International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management (IJMTM). vol. 31 (1-3).
- (2016) MNCs entering an emerging industry: The choice of governance mode under high uncertainty. Cogent Business & Management. vol. 3.
- (2015) The funding of new technology firms in a pre-commercial industry – the role of smart capital. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management. vol. 27 (3).
- (2013) New ventures in an emerging industry: access to and use of international resources. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business (IJESB). vol. 20 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Entering a Brave New World: Market Entry Assessments Into a Born Global Industry. Advanced Perspectives on Global Industry Transitions and Business Opportunities.
- (2021) Kunstig intelligens i norske organisasjoner: En empirisk studie med implikasjoner for fremtidens ledelse. Norsk arbeidsliv mot 2050. Muligheter og trusler..
- (2021) Increasing the speed, scope, and level of decarbonization for meeting the Net-zero 2050 challenge. Implications for sustainability transitions research. 2021. ISBN 978-82-93863-12-0.
- (2021) Norwegian ship-owners' adoption of green fuels. 2021.
- (2021) Nordsjøen som plattform for grønn omstilling. 2021.
- (2019) Conditions for growth in the Norwegian offshore wind industry. International market developments, Norwegian firm characteristics and strategies, and policies for industry development. 2019. ISBN 978-82-93198-30-7.
- (2019) Greening the fleet: A technological innovation system (TIS) analysis of hydrogen, battery electric, liquefied biogas, and biodiesel in the maritime sector. 2019. SINTEF Rapport (2019:00893).
- (2019) Nurturing new technologies. 2019. ISBN 978-82-93198-33-8.
- (2016) New firms developing novel technology in a complex emerging industry: The road towards commercialization of renewable marine energy technologies. 2016. ISBN 978-82-326-1622-0. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2016:142).