Kjell Å Salvesen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Phosphatidylethanol as blood biomarker of alcohol consumption in early pregnancy: An observational study in 4067 pregnant women. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. vol. 45 (4).
- (2020) ISUOG Safety Committee Position Statement on use of personal protective equipment and hazard mitigation in relation to SARS-CoV-2 for practitioners undertaking obstetric and gynecological ultrasound. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. vol. 55 (6).
- (2020) Validation and development of models using clinical, biochemical and ultrasound markers for predicting pre-eclampsia: an individual participant data meta-analysis. Health Technology Assessment. vol. 24 (72).
- (2020) Regular antenatal exercise including pelvic floor muscle training reduces urinary incontinence 3 months postpartum-Follow up of a randomized controlled trial. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica.
- (2020) Prevalence of anal sphincter defects and association with anal incontinence in women scheduled for pelvic organ prolapse surgery. Neurourology and Urodynamics. vol. 39 (8).
- (2020) Effect of preoperative pelvic floor muscle training on pelvic floor muscle contraction and symptomatic and anatomical pelvic organ prolapse after surgery: randomized controlled trial. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. vol. jul (56).
- (2020) External validation of prognostic models predicting pre-eclampsia: individual participant data meta-analysis. BMC Medicine. vol. 18.
- (2020) Vitamin D and stress urinary incontinence in pregnancy: a cross-sectional study. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- (2020) Factors associated with time to pregnancy in women with axial spondyloarthritis: A registry-based multicenter study. Arthritis care & research.
- (2019) Associations between maternal vitamin D status in second and third trimester of pregnancy and offspring enamel hypomineralisation at 7-9 years: a longitudinal study. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 28.
- (2019) Neurodevelopmental outcome in 7-year-old children is not affected by exercise during pregnancy: follow up of a multicentre randomised controlled trial. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- (2019) Effects of supervised exercise training during pregnancy on psychological well-being among overweight and obese women: secondary analyses of the ETIP-trial, a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. vol. 9:e028252 (11).
- (2019) The effect of an exercise program in pregnancy on vitamin D status among healthy, pregnant Norwegian women: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 19:76.
- (2019) Descent of fetal head during active pushing: secondary analysis of prospective cohort study investigating ultrasound examination before operative vaginal delivery. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. vol. 54 (4).
- (2019) Levator ani muscle injury and risk for urinary and fecal incontinence in parous women from a normal population, a cross-sectional study. Neurourology and Urodynamics. vol. 38 (8).
- (2019) Ultrasound assessment of pelvic floor muscle contraction: reliability and development of an ultrasound-based contraction scale. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- (2019) Impact of maternal education on response to lifestyle interventions to reduce gestational weight gain: individual participant data meta-analysis. BMJ Open. vol. 9:e025620 (8).
- (2019) Gestational weight gain outside the Institute of Medicine recommendations and adverse pregnancy outcomes: analysis using individual participant data from randomised trials. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 19.
- (2019) Impact of job adjustment, pain location and exercise on sick leave due to lumbopelvic pain in pregnancy: a longitudinal study. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. vol. 37 (2).
- (2019) Prediction of mode of delivery using the first ultrasound based "intrapartum app". American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. vol. 221 (2).