Background and activities
I am currently focusing on research within the synergies of art and technology, methods and functionality of content representation, quality assessment and its use within the media value chain. My application focus is on art in public spaces, place by design, sensor based digital storytelling and business modelling for the creative and media industry.
My main activities are
- Art and technology as a vehicle to tackle complex issues
- IoT driven digital storytelling
- Immersion and presence
- Place by design and citizen engagement.
- Media technology and entertainment as well as directions for innovations in Immersive Media Technology Experiences.
- Transmedia storytelling and multi-platform publishing, especially to handheld devices.
- Quality modelling and assessment and its use within the media value chain in a variety of applications, change management and business modelling for the media sector and Digital Storytelling and the associate tools for this.
I am currently ARTEC at NTNU, a task force for setting up directions and visions for new research within art and technology as well as directions for innovations in Immersive Media Technology Experiences.
I was the initiator and lead designer in setting up the interactive installation park – Adressaparken. For this work we won the winner of the Place by design competition at SxSW 2018 and the NM art and design prize in 2016.