Background and activities
I am currently focusing on research within the synergies of art and technology, methods and functionality of content representation, quality assessment and its use within the media value chain. My application focus is on art in public spaces, place by design, sensor based digital storytelling and business modelling for the creative and media industry.
My main activities are
- Art and technology as a vehicle to tackle complex issues
- IoT driven digital storytelling
- Immersion and presence
- Place by design and citizen engagement.
- Media technology and entertainment as well as directions for innovations in Immersive Media Technology Experiences.
- Transmedia storytelling and multi-platform publishing, especially to handheld devices.
- Quality modelling and assessment and its use within the media value chain in a variety of applications, change management and business modelling for the media sector and Digital Storytelling and the associate tools for this.
I am currently ARTEC at NTNU, a task force for setting up directions and visions for new research within art and technology as well as directions for innovations in Immersive Media Technology Experiences.
I was the initiator and lead designer in setting up the interactive installation park – Adressaparken. For this work we won the winner of the Place by design competition at SxSW 2018 and the NM art and design prize in 2016.
- TTT4135 - Multimedia Signal Processing
- TFE4590 - Electronic Systems Design, Specialization Project
- TT8108 - PhD Seminar in Signal Processing
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Effects of Spatial Speech Presentation on Listener Response Strategy for Talker-Identification. Frontiers in Neuroscience. vol. 15.
- (2021) A subjective and behavioral assessment of affordances in virtual architectural walkthroughs. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (17).
- (2021) Evaluating Hand-tracking Interaction for Performing Motor-tasks in VR Learning Environments. International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX).
- (2021) Wayfinding in virtual reality serious game: An exploratory study in the context of user perceived experiences. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (17).
- (2020) Immersive Media Experiences – Why finding Consensus is Important. SIGMM Records.
- (2020) Effects of speech transmission quality on sensory processing indicated by the cortical auditory evoked potential. Journal of Neural Engineering. vol. 17 (4).
- (2018) Techniques for dynamic hardware management of streaming media applications using a framework for system scenarios. Microprocessors and microsystems. vol. 56.
- (2017) Factors of Immersion in Interactive Digital Storytelling. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 10690 LNCS.
- (2017) Multiuse playspaces: mediating expressive community places. IEEE Multimedia. vol. 24 (1).
- (2015) A QOS-DRIVEN UMA viewer in MPEG-21 framework. European Signal Processing Conference. vol. 06-10-September-2004.
- (2014) Exploring the impact of food craving and pleasure technologies on aesthetic experience in digital media. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction. vol. 30 (3).
- (2014) Attention driven foveated video quality assessment. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. vol. 23 (1).
- (2012) Assessment of Stereoscopic Crosstalk Perception. IEEE transactions on multimedia. vol. 14 (2).
- (2012) VIDEO QUALITY METRIC BASED ON FIXATION PREDICTION AND FOVEAL IMAGING. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.
- (2011) VISUAL ATTENTION TUNED SPATIO-VELOCITY CONTRAST SENSITIVITY FOR VIDEO QUALITY ASSESSMENT. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo.
- (2011) Balancing attended and global stimuli in perceived video quality assessment. IEEE transactions on multimedia. vol. 13 (6).
- (2011) Congestion control in wireless links based on selective delivery of erroneous packets. Signal processing. Image communication. vol. 26 (2).
- (2011) Factors impacting quality of experience in stereoscopic images. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7863.
- (2011) Multi-Service Load Balancing in a Heterogeneous Network with Vertical Handover. Advances in Electronics and Telecommunications. vol. 2 (3).
- (2010) A compressive sensing approach to perceptual image coding. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7798.