Background and activities
Head of NTNU's "School Laboratory" (Resource Centre for STEM Education)
Main research area: Chemistry teaching.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) First-year university students' perception of chemical bonding and bond energy. Nordic Journal of STEM Education. vol. 4 (2).
- (2021) Utvikling av begrepstester for å evaluere læringsdesign. Nordic Journal of STEM Education. vol. 5 (1).
- (2021) Learners’ Critical Thinking About Learning Mathematics. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education (IEJME). vol. 16 (3).
- (2017) Development of an inventory for Alternative Conceptions among students in chemistry. LUMAT: International Journal on Math, Science and Technology Education. vol. 5 (1).
- (2015) An Easy-To-Assemble Three-Part Galvanic Cell. Journal of Chemical Education. vol. 92 (6).
- (2014) Revisiting the Daniell Cell. Australian Journal of Education in Chemistry. vol. 73.
- (2012) Normal- and reverse-phase paper chromatography of leaf extracts of Dandelions. Journal of Chemical Education. vol. 89 (10).
- (2012) Reconstructing Iconic Experiments in Electrochemistry: Experiences from a History of Science Course. Science & Education. vol. 21 (2).
- (2011) Current Chemistry Experiments and Practice in Electrochemistry Education. Nordic Studies in Science Education. vol. 7 (1/11).
- (2009) A Simple Hydrogen Electrode. Journal of Chemical Education. vol. 86 (3).
- (2007) Small-scale and low-cost electrodes for "standard" reduction potential measurements. Journal of Chemical Education. vol. 84 (4).
- (2006) Small-scale and low-cost galvanic cells. Journal of Chemical Education. vol. 83.
- (2005) Galvanic cells. Small-Scale and Low-Cost. Journal of Chemical Education. vol. August.
- (2004) A Small-Scale and Low-Cost Apparatus for the Electrolysis of Water. Journal of Chemical Education. vol. 81 (9).
- (1997) Synspunkter på ny læreplan i biologi for videregående skole. Biolog. vol. 15 (1/2).
Part of book/report
- (2019) The School Laboratory at NTNU. Servant of the school: Building teacher education in Mid-Norway, 1998-2018.
- (2019) Students' Critical Perceptions About Mathematics Education. Proceedings of the Tenth International Mathematics Education and Society Conference.
- (2018) DEVELOPMENT OF A CHEMISTRY CONCEPT INVENTORY FOR GENERAL CHEMISTRY STUDENTS AT NORWEGIAN AND FINNISH UNIVERSITIES. Science competencies for the future: Proceedings of the 12th Nordic Research Symposium on Science Education. June 7th-9th 2017 Trondheim, Norway.
- (2017) Kvalitet i undervisningsvideoer. MOOC i høyere utdanning – historier om pedagogisk utviklingsarbeid.
- (2017) Culturally-inspired mathematics and science education. Proceedings of the Tenth Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education (CERME 10).