Background and activities
- Maintenance Theory and Concepts
- Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety (RAMS) Analysis
- Computerized maintenance
- Maintenance Indicators
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Process / Production Loss Modeling
2007- (present) - Head of Department, Department of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
2000-2007 - Deputy Head of Department, Department of Production an d Quality Engineering, NTNU
1989- (present) - Associate Professor, Department of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
1992- (present) - Scientific Advisor in Maintenance, SINTEF Technology and Society, Safety and Reliability
1989-1992 - Research Scientist in Maintenance, SINTEF Production Engineering
1988-1989 - Research Scientist, Division of Machine Design, Section for Availability Engineering/Maintenance Research Production Engineering
1985-1987 - PhD scholarship holder, Department of Machine Design, NTNU
1980-1984 - Research Scientist at Division of Machine Design, SINTEF, Section for Availability Engineering/Maintenance Research
1977-1981 - Scientific assistant, Department of Industrial Organization and Ergonomics, NTNU
- Publications listed in the Frida database
- TPK4141 - Innovation, Design and Production 1
- TPK4142 - Innovation, Design and Production 2
- TPK4950 - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety, Master's Thesis
- TPK4550 - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety, Specialization Project
- TPK4140 - Maintenance Management
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Balanced Maintenance Program with a Value Chain Perspective. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering. vol. 634 LNEE.
- (2020) Integrated Production and Maintenance Planning for Successful Asset Management Strategy Implementation. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering.
- (2019) Initiating Industrie 4.0 by Implementing Sensor Management – Improving Operational Availability. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering. vol. 484.
- (2017) Maintenance backlog for improving integrated planning. Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering. vol. 23 (2).
- (2017) Deep digital maintenance. Advances in Manufacturing. vol. 5 (4).
- (2016) AMMP: a new maintenance management model based on ISO 55000. Infrastructure Asset Management. vol. 3 (1).
- (2015) Profit loss indicator: A novel maintenance indicator applied for integrated planning. Advances in Manufacturing. vol. 3 (2).
- (2014) The Importance of Asset Management and Hidden Factory for Integrated Planning. Advanced Materials Research. vol. 1039.
- (2014) High Performance Manufacturing - The SUMTM Concept, beyond LEAN II. Advanced Materials Research. vol. 1039.
- (2013) The Roadmap to Future Maintenace. Maintworld. vol. 1 (1).
- (2010) Corrective maintenace prevents Major Accidents. Maintworld.
- (1998) Vedlikehold i næringsmiddelindustrien. Næringsmiddel.
- (1993) Sertifisering som europeisk ekspert. Vedlikehold : : magasin for vedlikehold, sikkerhet og miljø.
- (2016) EuroMaintenance 2016 - Conference Proceedings. 2016. ISBN 978-618-82601-0-8.
- (1998) Produksjons- og driftsteknikk. 1998.
- (1998) World Class Maintenance. 1998. SAP NORDIC FORUM 98.
- (1998) Vedlikeholdshandbok. 1998.
- (1998) Styring av vedlikeholdsprosjekter. 1998. Tilgang i SINTEF.
- (1998) Euromaintenance Guidelines. 1998.
- (1997) Maintenance, objectives and strategies. 1997.