Background and activities
Raghavendra Ramachandra is working as a Professor in Department of Information Security and Communication Technology (IIK). He is member of Norwegian Biometrics Laboratory (http://nislab.no/biometrics_lab) at NTNU Gjøvik.
B.E (Electronics and Communication) from University of Mysore, India.
M.Tech (Digital Electronics and Advance Communication Systems) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, India.
Ph.D. (Computer Science with specialization of Pattern Recognition and Image Processing) from the University of Mysore, India and Telcom SudParis, Paris, France.
Pattern Recognition, Image and video analytics, Biometrics, Human Behaviour Anlaysis, Video Surviellance, Health Biometrics, Smartphone Authentication.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Audio-Visual Biometric Recognition and Presentation Attack Detection: A Comprehensive Survey. IEEE Access.
- (2020) Towards Blockchain-based GDPR-compliant Online Social Networks: Challenges, Opportunities and Way Forward. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 1129.
- (2020) Compact and Mobile Full-Field Optical Coherence Tomography Sensor for Subsurface Fingerprint Imaging. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2020) Iris and periocular biometrics for head mounted displays: Segmentation, recognition, and synthetic data generation. Image and Vision Computing. vol. 104.
- (2020) Collaborative representation of blur invariant deep sparse features for periocular recognition from smartphones. Image and Vision Computing. vol. 101.
- (2020) Graph attention network for detecting license plates in crowded street scenes. Pattern Recognition Letters. vol. 140.
- (2020) A New U-Net Based License Plate Enhancement Model in Night and Day Images. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12046.
- (2020) Structure Function Based Transform Features for Behavior-Oriented Social Media Image Classification. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 12046.
- (2020) Fused Spectral Features in Kernel Weighted Collaborative Representation for Gender Classification Using Ocular Images. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 1022.
- (2019) Anchored kernel hashing for cancelable template protection for cross-spectral periocular data. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11188 LNCS.
- (2019) Design and Development of Low-Cost Sensor to Capture Ventral and Dorsal Finger Vein for Biometric Authentication. IEEE Sensors Journal. vol. 19 (15).
- (2019) Multi-Spectral Imaging for Artificial Ripened Banana Detection. European Workshop on Visual Information Processing. vol. 2019-October.
- (2018) Towards a Cancelable Template Protection Across NIR to Visible Spectrum Using Anchored Kernel Hashing – A Study on Cross-Spectral Periocular Images. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 1024.
- (2018) Improved ear verification after surgery - An approach based on collaborative representation of locally competitive features. Pattern Recognition. vol. 83.
- (2018) Detecting Face Morphing Attacks with Collaborative Representation of Steerable Features. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 1022.
- (2018) Detecting Disguise Attacks on Multi-spectral Face Recognition Through Spectral Signatures. IEEE Computer Society. vol. 2018-August.
- (2018) Biometric Transaction Authentication using Smartphones. Lecture Notes in Informatics.
- (2018) Assessing Face Image Quality with LSTMs. Norsk Informasjonssikkerhetskonferanse (NISK). vol. 11.
- (2018) Baseline Evaluation of Smartphone based Finger-photo Verification System. Norsk Informasjonssikkerhetskonferanse (NISK). vol. 11.