Background and activities
Raghavendra Ramachandra is working as a Professor in Department of Information Security and Communication Technology (IIK). He is member of Norwegian Biometrics Laboratory (http://nislab.no/biometrics_lab) at NTNU Gjøvik.
B.E (Electronics and Communication) from University of Mysore, India.
M.Tech (Digital Electronics and Advance Communication Systems) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, India.
Ph.D. (Computer Science with specialization of Pattern Recognition and Image Processing) from the University of Mysore, India and Telcom SudParis, Paris, France.
Pattern Recognition, Image and video analytics, Biometrics, Human Behaviour Anlaysis, Video Surviellance, Health Biometrics, Smartphone Authentication.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Towards Blockchain-based GDPR compliant Online Social Networks: Challenges, Opportunities and Way Forward. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing.
- (2019) Anchored kernel hashing for cancelable template protection for cross-spectral periocular data. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11188 LNCS.
- (2019) Design and Development of Low-Cost Sensor to Capture Ventral and Dorsal Finger Vein for Biometric Authentication. IEEE Sensors Journal. vol. 19 (15).
- (2018) Towards a Cancelable Template Protection Across NIR to Visible Spectrum Using Anchored Kernel Hashing – A Study on Cross-Spectral Periocular Images. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 1024.
- (2018) Improved ear verification after surgery - An approach based on collaborative representation of locally competitive features. Pattern Recognition. vol. 83.
- (2018) Detecting Face Morphing Attacks with Collaborative Representation of Steerable Features. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 1022.
- (2018) Detecting Disguise Attacks on Multi-spectral Face Recognition Through Spectral Signatures. IEEE Computer Society. vol. 2018-August.
- (2018) Biometric Transaction Authentication using Smartphones. Lecture Notes in Informatics.
- (2018) Assessing Face Image Quality with LSTMs. Norsk Informasjonssikkerhetskonferanse (NISK). vol. 11.
- (2018) Baseline Evaluation of Smartphone based Finger-photo Verification System. Norsk Informasjonssikkerhetskonferanse (NISK). vol. 11.
- (2017) Multi-patch deep sparse histograms for iris recognition in visible spectrum using collaborative subspace for robust verification. Pattern Recognition Letters. vol. 91.
- (2017) A new multi-modal approach to bib number/text detection and recognition in Marathon images. Pattern Recognition. vol. 61.
- (2017) Biometric Symmetry: Implications on Template Protection. European Signal Processing Conference.
- (2017) Multi-biometric template protection based on bloom filters. Information Fusion. vol. 42.
- (2017) Presentation Attack Detection Methods for Face Recognition Systems: A Comprehensive Survey. ACM Computing Surveys. vol. 50 (1).
- (2017) Collaborative representation of statistically independent filters? response: An application to face recognition under illicit drug abuse alterations. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 10270 LNCS.
- (2017) Face Presentation Attack Detection by Exploring Spectral Signatures. IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition workshops. vol. 2017-July.
- (2017) Transferable Deep-CNN Features for Detecting Digital and Print-Scanned Morphed Face Images. IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition workshops. vol. 2017-July.
- (2017) Biometric Systems under Morphing Attacks: Assessment of Morphing Techniques and Vulnerability Reporting. Lecture Notes in Informatics.
- (2017) Multi-biometric template protection on smartphones: An approach based on binarized statistical features and bloom filters. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 10125 LNCS.