Background and activities
Raghavendra Ramachandra is working as a Professor in Department of Information Security and Communication Technology (IIK). He is member of Norwegian Biometrics Laboratory (http://nislab.no/biometrics_lab) at NTNU Gjøvik.
B.E (Electronics and Communication) from University of Mysore, India.
M.Tech (Digital Electronics and Advance Communication Systems) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, India.
Ph.D. (Computer Science with specialization of Pattern Recognition and Image Processing) from the University of Mysore, India and Telcom SudParis, Paris, France.
Pattern Recognition, Image and video analytics, Biometrics, Human Behaviour Anlaysis, Video Surviellance, Health Biometrics, Smartphone Authentication.
- IIKG4000 - Specialization Project
- IMT4205 - Research Project Planning
- IMT4215 - Fordypingsprosjekt
- IMT4881 - Specialization Course 1
- IMT4882 - Specialization Course II
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Cross-sensor periocular biometrics in a global pandemic: Comparative benchmark and novel multialgorithmic approach. Information Fusion. vol. 83-84.
- (2022) Vulnerabilities of Unattended Face Verification Systems to Facial Components-based Presentation Attacks: An Empirical Study. ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security (TOPS). vol. 25 (1).
- (2021) A response to the European Data Protection Supervisor ‘Misunderstandings in Biometrics’ by the European Association for Biometrics. IET Biometrics. vol. 11 (1).
- (2021) Compact and progressive network for enhanced single image super-resolution—ComPrESRNet. The Visual Computer.
- (2021) Regenmorph: visibly realistic GAN generated face morphing attacks by attack re-generation. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 13017.
- (2021) Deep Face Age Progression: A Survey. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) Audio-Visual Biometric Recognition and Presentation Attack Detection: A Comprehensive Survey. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) Multilingual Audio-Visual Smartphone Dataset and Evaluation. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) ThermISRnet: An efficient thermal image super-resolution network. Optical Engineering: The Journal of SPIE. vol. 60 (7).
- (2021) Direct Unsupervised Super-Resolution Using Generative Adversarial Network (DUS-GAN) for Real-World Data. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. vol. 30.
- (2021) Low Visual Distortion and Robust Morphing Attacks Based on Partial Face Image Manipulation. IEEE Transactions on Biometrics, Behavior, and Identity Science. vol. 3 (1).
- (2021) Morphing Attack Detection-Database, Evaluation Platform, and Benchmarking. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. vol. 16.
- (2021) Adversarial Attacks against Face Recognition: A Comprehensive Study. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) Face Morphing Attack Generation and Detection: A Comprehensive Survey. IEEE transactions on technology and society. vol. 2 (3).
- (2021) MIPGAN—Generating Strong and High Quality Morphing Attacks Using Identity Prior Driven GAN. IEEE Transactions on Biometrics, Behavior, and Identity Science. vol. 3 (3).
- (2020) Towards Blockchain-based GDPR-compliant Online Social Networks: Challenges, Opportunities and Way Forward. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 1129.
- (2020) GDPR compliant consent driven data protection in online social networks: A blockchain-based approach. 2020 3rd International Conference on Information and Computer Technologies (ICICT).
- (2020) Compact and Mobile Full-Field Optical Coherence Tomography Sensor for Subsurface Fingerprint Imaging. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2020) Iris and periocular biometrics for head mounted displays: Segmentation, recognition, and synthetic data generation. Image and Vision Computing. vol. 104.
- (2020) Collaborative representation of blur invariant deep sparse features for periocular recognition from smartphones. Image and Vision Computing. vol. 101.