Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) On infinitenes – Reliable calculation of λ∞ and molecular modeling of lemniscate structured carotenoids. Computational and Theoretical Chemistry. vol. 1125 (1).
- (2017) The ORAC Assay: Mathematical Analysis of the Rate Equations and Some Practical Considerations. International Journal of Chemical Kinetics. vol. 49 (6).
- (2016) Fluorescence and phosphorescence of tryptophan in peptides of different length and sequence. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. B: Biology. vol. 157.
- (2014) Screening hypochromism (sieve effect) in red blood cells: a quantitative analysis. Biomedical Optics Express. vol. 5 (4).
- (2014) The inter-monomer interface of the major light-harvesting chlorophyll a/b complexes of photosystem II (LHCII) influences the chlorophyll triplet distribution. Journal of plant physiology (Print). vol. 171 (5).
- (2013) Model for Conformational Relaxation of Flexible Conjugated Polymers: Application to p-Phenylenevinylene Trimers in Nonpolar Solvents. ChemPhysChem. vol. 14 (3).
- (2013) Single shot laser flash photolysis with a fibre-coupled reference beam monitor. Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences. vol. 12 (2).
- (2013) Pulsed-source time-resolved phosphorimetry: comparison of a commercial gated photomultiplier with a specially wired ungated photomultiplier. Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences. vol. 12 (6).
- (2012) Temporal profile of the singlet oxygen emission endogenously produced by photosystem II reaction centre in an aqueous buffer. Photosynthesis Research. vol. 112 (1).
- (2012) Triplets, radical cations and neutral semiquinone radicals of lumiflavin and riboflavin: An overhaul of previous pump-probe data and new multichannel absolute absorption spectra. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. B: Biology. vol. 106.
- (2011) Trolox, a Water-Soluble Analogue of alpha-Tocopherol, Photoprotects the Surface-Exposed Regions of the Photosystem II Reaction Center in Vitro. Is This Physiologically Relevant?. Biochemistry. vol. 50 (39).
- (2011) Kinetic studies of retinol addition radicals. Organic and biomolecular chemistry. vol. 9 (5).
- (2011) Comparison of the Photochemical Behaviors of alpha-Tocopherol and its Acetate in Organic and Aqueous Mice liar Solutions. Journal of Physical Chemistry A. vol. 115 (29).
- (2010) Ultrafast dynamics of hydrophilic carbonyl carotenoids - Relation between structure and excited-state properties in polar solvents. Chemical Physics. vol. 373 (1-2).
- (2010) Spectroscopic Characterization of Neutral and Cation Radicals of alpha-Tocopherol and Related Molecules: A Satisfactory Denouement. Journal of Physical Chemistry A. vol. 114 (40).
- (2009) Light absorption by isolated chloroplasts and leaves: effects of scattering and 'packing'. Photosynthesis Research. vol. 102 (1).
- (2009) Facile method for spectroscopic examination of radical ions of hydrophilic carotenoids. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 11 (30).
- (2008) Light absorption and scattering by cell suspensions of some cyanobacteria and microalgae. Russian journal of plant physiology. vol. 55 (3).
- (2008) Light absorption by anthocyanins in juvenile, stressed, and senescing leaves. Journal of Experimental Botany. vol. 59 (14).
- (2008) Effect of anthocyanins, carotenoids, and flavonols on chlorophyll fluorescence excitation spectra in apple fruit: signature analysis, assessment, modelling, and relevance to photoprotection. Journal of Experimental Botany. vol. 59 (2).