Rigmor Einang Alnes
Background and activities
Registered nurse with experience in community health and long experience as a teacher in the Bachelor - and further education in nursing. Research coordinator at the Department of Health NTNU in Alesund.
FIELDS OF RESEARCH
Dementia care, specifically focusing on interactions between persons with dementia and care staff. Rehabilitation related to chronic diseases and use of welfare technology. Counselling to improve learning in organizations. Simulation as a pedogogic tool in education.
- SM100515 - Nutrition, microbiology and hygiene
- SY300515 - Bachelor's thesis in nursing - empirical study
- SP300115 - Clinical studies, Community nursing 5th and 6th semester
- SP300315 - Clinical studies, Surgical nursing 5th and 6th semester
- HELA6021 - Clinical Supervision - Advanced Level
- SM100415 - Medication calculation
- SP300215 - Clinical studies, Psychiatry 5th and 6th semester
- SS300115 - Social Science II
- SM100115 - First aid with CPR and AED training
- SP300415 - Clinical studies, Medical nursing 5th and 6th semester
- SY200215 - Nursing for various patient groups, 3rd semester
- SYA3020 - Advanced Clinical Nursing
- SY200115 - Ethics and nursing theories
- SY200315 - Nursing for various patient groups, 4th semester
- HELA6020 - Clinical Supervision - Basic Level
- SY100215 - Geriatric nursing
- SM100616 - Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry
- SM100315 - Pathophysiology, pathology, pharmacology and medication management
- SY300215 - Bachelor thesis - Nursing
- SY100116 - Basic nursing
- SY300115 - Health Promotion and Preventive Nursing
- SYA3022 - Patient safety and quality improvement
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Improvised use of a digital tool for social interaction in a Norwegian care facility during the COVID-19 pandemic: an exploratory study. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 22 (136).
- (2022) Promoting activity in long-term care facilities with the social robot Pepper: a pilot study. Informatics for Health and Social Care.
- (2022) Moral distress - a threat to dementia care? A qualitative study of nursing staff members’ experiences in long-term care facilities. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 22 (290).
- (2021) Coping with everyday life for home-dwelling persons with dementia: A qualitative study. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare. vol. 14.
- (2021) Informal caregivers and persons with dementia's everyday life coping. Health Psychology Open (HPO). vol. 8 (1).
- (2020) How Volunteers Contribute to Persons with Dementia Coping in Everyday Life. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare. vol. 13.
- (2020) Separation characterized by responsibility and guilt : family caregivers' experience with palliative care for a close family member with severe dementia in long-term care facilities. Dementia. vol. 20 (2).
- (2020) Sykepleieres erfaringer med palliativ plan og etisk refleksjon i Møre og Romsdal. Omsorg: Nordisk tidsskrift for Palliativ Medisin. vol. 37 (2).
- (2019) Medisinske praksisstudier i forsterket sykehjemsavdeling: en ny mulighet i sykepleierutdanningen. [Medical clinical placements in specialized nursing home units – a new opportunity in nursing education?]. Nordisk sygeplejeforskning. vol. 9 (4).
- (2019) Palliativ plan og etisk refleksjon. Geriatrisk sykepleie.
- (2018) A painful experience of limited understanding : healthcare professionals’ experiences with palliative care of people with severe dementia in Norwegian nursing homes. BMC Palliative Care. vol. 17.
- (2018) Perceived barriers and facilitators in providing palliative care for people with severe dementia : the healthcare professionals' experiences. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 18:709.
- (2017) Bruk av videokommunikasjon i hverdagsrehabilitering – utprøving og erfaring. Tidsskrift for omsorgsforskning.
- (2014) Electronic Tracking of Users With Cognitive Impairment (Contrasting a Literature Review With Local Experience). CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1251.
- (2013) The influence of the learning climate on learning outcomes from Marte Meo counselling in dementia care. Journal of Nursing Management. vol. 21 (1).
- (2011) Insights gained through Marte Meo counselling : experiences of nurses in dementia specific care units. International Journal of Older People Nursing. vol. 6 (2).
- (2011) Marte Meo Counselling : a promising tool to support positive interactions between residents with dementia and nurses in nursing homes. Journal of Research in Nursing. vol. 16 (5).
- (2007) Positivt samspel i demensomsorga : har rettleiing med Marte Meo-metoden effekt?. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. vol. 44 (11).
Part of book/report
- (2015) Lokaliseringsteknologi - nytte og utfordringar. Ei undersøking om bruk av lokaliseringsteknologi for personer med kognitiv svikt. Fragmentering eller mobilisering? : regional utvikling i Nordvest : Fjordantologien 2014.
- (2015) Drivers and barriers in public sector innovations, regional perspectives and lessons learned from the ALV project. Fragmentering eller mobilisering? : regional utvikling i Nordvest : Fjordantologien 2014.