Background and activities
B A C K G R O U N D I N F O R M A T I O N
Studies at NTNU (Comparative literature, Nordic literature and language, Film studies and History of technology). Master degree in Film studies 1997, PhD in 2004. Dissertation: "History lessons for the media society", on television and historical documentaries. Associate professor at Department of Art and Media studies since 2005.
Fields of interest
- Visual Culture - related to urban milieus and cityscapes: 'mediascapes'
- Documentary film, television and photography
- Transmedial aesthetics
- Game studies - related to video game design
- Participatory culture
- Adaptation studies
- Rhetoric of visual media
- TPD4187 - AD in Transition
- TPD4195 - Design Studies
- TPD4105 - Information Technology for Design and Communication
- TPD4114 - Visual Communication
- TPD4900 - Industrial Design Engineeering, Master's Thesis