Background and activities
Shunguo Wang implements new ideas in forward and inverse modeling and interprets field data of (radio) magnetotellurics, controlled-source electromagnetics, electrical resistivity tomography, and so on in different dimensions and environments. His developments have been used in various studies, such as:
1. Oceanic lithosphere-asthenosphere boundary
2. Underwater fracture zones
4. Oil, gas, and mineral exploration
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Radio-magnetotelluric and controlled-source magnetotelluric surveys on a frozen lake: Opportunities for urban applications in Nordic countries. Near Surface Geophysics.
- (2021) Shear velocity inversion guided by resistivity structure from the PI-LAB Experiment for integrated estimates of partial melt in the mantle. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Solid Earth. vol. 126.
- (2021) A dynamic lithosphere–asthenosphere boundary near the equatorial Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. vol. 566.
- (2020) Using marine magnetotelluric determinant data to study the oceanic upper mantle. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting ; 2020-12-01 - 2020-12-17.