Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Exercise Training Reverses Extrapulmonary Impairments in Smoke-exposed Mice. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (5).
- (2017) Lung function parameters improve prediction of VO2peak in an elderly population: The Generation 100 study. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (3).
- (2017) Cardiorespiratory Reference Data in Older Adults: The Generation 100 Study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (11).
- (2017) Does an integrated care intervention for COPD patients have long-term effects on quality of life and patient activation? A prospective, open, controlled single-center intervention study. PLoS ONE. vol. 12:e0167887 (1).
- (2015) Association between pulmonary function and peak oxygen uptake in elderly: the Generation 100 study. Respiratory Research. vol. 16:156.
- (2015) How to Be 80 Year Old and Have a VO2max of a 35 Year Old. Case Reports in Medicine.
- (2015) A randomised controlled study of the long-term effects of exercise training on mortality in elderly people: Study protocol for the generation 100 study. BMJ Open. vol. 5 (2).
- (2015) Long term effects of an integrated care intervention on hospital utilization in patients with severe COPD: A single centre controlled study. Respiratory Research. vol. 16 (8).
- (2014) Effects of exercise training on pulmonary vessel muscularization and right ventricular function in an animal model of COPD. Respiratory Research. vol. 15 (1).
- (2014) Effect of 24 sessions of high-intensity aerobic interval training carried out at either high or moderate frequency, a randomized trial. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (2).
- (2014) Cardio-respiratory reference data in 4631 healthy men and women 20-90 years: The HUNT 3 fitness study. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (11).
- (2013) Aerobic exercise training improves right- and left ventricular systolic function in patients with COPD. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. vol. 10 (3).
- (2012) High-intensity knee extensor training restores skeletal muscle function in CORD patients. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 40 (5).
- (2012) Efficacy and safety of 4 weeks' treatment with combined fluticasone furoate/vilanterol in a single inhaler given once daily in COPD: a placebo-controlled randomised trial. BMJ Open. vol. 2 (1).
- (2011) Somatization: the under-recognized factor in non-specific eczema. The Hordaland Health Study (HUSK). British Journal of Dermatology. vol. 164 (3).
- (2011) Exercise-induced asthma in adolescents: challenges for physical education teachers. Chronic Respiratory Disease. vol. 8 (3).
- (2010) Screening and treatment of latent tuberculosis in a cohort of asylum seekers in Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 38 (3).
- (2010) The role of entry screening in case finding of tuberculosis among asylum seekers in Norway. BMC Public Health. vol. 10.
- (2010) Hyperoxic interval training in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients with oxygen desaturation at peak exercise. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 20 (1).
- (2009) Aerobic high intensity one and two legs interval cycling in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 106 (4).