Bjørn Helge Skallerud
Background and activities
Methods for nonlinear finite element analysis
The finite element method
Nonlinear finite element analysis
- KT8202 - Fatigue Analysis
- TKT4132 - Mechanics 3
- KT8215 - Nonlinear Static and Dynamic Analysis by the Finite Element Method
- KT8315 - PhD Seminar in Structural Engineering and Materials Science
- BYGT2318 - Structural Engineering
- TKT4150 - Biomechanics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Finite element analysis of mitral valve annuloplasty in Barlow’s disease. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 142.
- (2022) Microstructure and mechanics of the bovine trachea: Layer specific investigations through SHG imaging and biaxial testing. Journal of The Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. vol. 134.
- (2022) Assembly graphene platelets for bioinspired, stimuli-responsive, low ice adhesion surfaces. ACS Omega. vol. 7.
- (2022) Effect of long periods of corrosion on the fatigue lifetime of offshore mooring chain steel. Marine Structures. vol. 85.
- (2022) Effect of cyclic softening and mean stress relaxation on fatigue crack initiation in a hemispherical notch. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures (FFEMS).
- (2022) Biomechanics of mitral valve leaflets: Second harmonic generation microscopy, biaxial mechanical tests and tissue modeling. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 141.
- (2021) Influence of Annular Dynamics and Material Behavior in Finite Element Analysis of Barlow’s Mitral Valve Disease. Journal of elasticity. vol. 145.
- (2021) Mode I stress intensity factors for semi-elliptical fatigue cracks in curved round bars. Theoretical and applied fracture mechanics (Print). vol. 112.
- (2021) A Perturbation Analysis Approach for Studying the Effect of Swelling Kinetics on Instabilities in Hydrogel Plates. Journal of applied mechanics. vol. 88 (5).
- (2021) Digital image correlation for continuous mapping of fatigue crack initiation sites on corroded surface from offshore mooring chain. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 151.
- (2021) On the determination of mechanical properties of aqueous microgels-towards high-throughput characterization. Gels. vol. 7 (2).
- (2020) Data on residual stresses of mooring chains measured by neutron diffraction and hole drilling techniques. Data in Brief. vol. 30.
- (2020) Cyclic behavior and strain energy-based fatigue damage analysis of mooring chains high strength steel. Marine Structures. vol. 70.
- (2020) Experimental and numerical study of mooring chain residual stresses and implications for fatigue life. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 135.
- (2020) Vitamin K2 modulates vitamin D induced mechanical properties of human 3D bone spheroids in vitro. JBMR Plus. vol. 4 (9).
- (2020) Donnan Contribution and Specific Ion Effects in Swelling of Cationic Hydrogels are Additive: Combined High-Resolution Experiments and Finite Element Modeling. Gels. vol. 6 (3).
- (2019) Buckling initiation in layered hydrogels during transient swelling. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. vol. 128.
- (2019) Anisotropic finite strain viscoelasticity: constitutive modeling and finite element implementation. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. vol. 124.
- (2019) Soft palate muscle activation: a modeling approach for improved understanding of obstructive sleep apnea. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. vol. 18 (3).
- (2019) Enabling Sequential Rupture for Lowering Atomistic Ice Adhesion. Nanoscale. vol. 11.