Background and activities
Sourav is a postdoc at the SFI Manufacturing, a cross-disciplinary centre for research based innovation for competitive high value manufacturing in Norway. He holds a dual-badge PhD awarded by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India, and Monash University, Australia. His research interests include supply chain planning, adaptive S&OP, digitalization, lean-digital paradoxes, and service triads. He has published in journals such as International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Journal of Supply Chain Management, International Journal of Production Research, Service Industries Journal, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, and Computers & Industrial Engineering.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2020) A Peek into Academic (De)motivation of Undergraduates at India's Top Engineering Schools. European Journal of Engineering Education.
- (2018) Trends and Directions in Service Triads Research. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management.
- (2018) A Client-centric Risk-based Taxonomy of Service Triads. Service Industries Journal.
- (2016) Visual Hierarchical Clustering of Supply Chain using Growing Hierarchical Self Organizing Map Algorithm. International Journal of Production Research.
- (2014) AI-based techniques in cellular manufacturing systems: a chronological survey and analysis. International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering. vol. 17 (4).
- (2014) Existence and Extent of Operations and Supply Management Departmental Thought Worlds: An Empirical Study. Journal of Supply Chain Management.
- (2013) Neuro-genetic impact on cell formation methods of Cellular Manufacturing System design: A quantitative review and analysis. Computers & industrial engineering. vol. 64 (1).
- (2012) A neuro-agglomerative approach to strategic design of a manufacturing cell. International Journal of Intelligent Enterprise. vol. 1 (3/4).
- (2011) A hybrid neural network approach to cell formation in cellular manufacturing. International Journal of Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications. vol. 10 (4).
- (2011) Fa-walca-cf : a Novel Method to Machine-part Grouping Problems. Advances in Production Engineering & Management. vol. 6 (4).
- (2011) Fuzzy ART K-Means Clustering Technique: a hybrid neural network approach to cellularmanufacturing systems. International journal of computer integrated manufacturing (Print). vol. 24 (10).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Breaking Out of the Digitalization Paradox. Learning in the Digital Era: 7th European Lean Educator Conference, ELEC 2021, Trondheim, Norway, October 25–27, 2021, Proceedings.